For a long time, the cure for diabetes type 1 and type 2 has relied on agonizing insulin shots for patients or insulin infusion via mechanical pumps. Regarding this, experts have been creating artificial pancreatic beta cells with the he…
Immuno-oncology Development Trends and Opportunities
Immuno-oncology (IO) is the treatment of cancer with therapies that stimulate or suppress the body's own immune system. Several distinct modalities of IO therapy exist, including bispecific T-cell engaging monoclonal antibodies, cellular immunotherapy and adoptive cellular therapy, cancer vaccines, checkpoint modulating monoclonal antibodies, and oncolytic viruses.
This report provides an overview of current clinical development trends for IO within the 8MM (France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, US, Japan, China), including a history of recent approvals, indications currently being explored for IO agents of all modalities, targets being selected for IO therapies, and combination strategies being investigated for approved IO agents. In addition, the report provides disease overviews, epidemiology, current recommended treatment regimens and IO approvals, and IO clinical trial trends for 17 indications which GlobalData has identified as representing the largest commercial opportunities for IO agents. Clinical trial trends analyze ongoing trials by sponsor type and modality, as well as ongoing combination trials for approved IO therapies.
This report combines primary research from a cross-specialty panel of oncology experts with in-house analyst expertise to provide an assessment of the development landscape. Components of the slide deck include primary and secondary research -
- Quotes from 13 US-, 5EU-, and Japan-based key opinion leaders
- Summary of IO product definitions and classifications
- Overview of development opportunities for IO agents across indications, including emerging indications and clinical targets, and novel combination strategies
- Outline of 17 key indications for IO agents, including current EU and US guideline recommendations, IO's current place in the treatment algorithm, and a review of ongoing clinical trials
- Call-outs of key information and details
- Insight from GlobalData's specialist oncology analysts.
Reasons to buy
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving IO in the 8MM.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative combination strategies and indications likely to impact the IO market in the future.
- Design your development strategy through a review of potential novel targets or combinations across indications.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by understanding IO combination approaches across indications that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments, and strategic partnerships.
- Develop strategies by understanding expert perceptions of unmet needs in key indications in oncology, and the potential for IO agents to meet those needs.