For a long time, the cure for diabetes type 1 and type 2 has relied on agonizing insulin shots for patients or insulin infusion via mechanical pumps. Regarding this, experts have been creating artificial pancreatic beta cells with the he…
Trends and Opportunities in the Indian Packaging Industry: Analysis of changing packaging trends in the Food, Cosmetics and Toiletries, Beverages and Other Industries
Indian packaging industry will see notable growth over 2016-2021, growing at a CAGR of 9.2% as compared to 6.2% during 2011-2016. The growth of the Indian packaging industry will be heavily influenced by changing demographics such as growing urbanization and the rising proportion of middle class consumers. These changes drive the need for new packaging formats, such as different sizes, materials, and strength.
During the period 2016-2021, the Soft Drinks and Food industries will be the highest packaging market share gainers (by units) with share growth of 3.4% and 1.3% respectively. The growing organized retail sector has been a significant driver of the growth of the Food & Beverage industries, which in turn drives the growth of Indian packaging industry. In addition, innovations in the packaging industry, such as the development of lighter packaging with better barrier properties, add to the growth of packaging industry. In terms of packaging material, Glass and Rigid Plastics will be among the major share gainers, with share growth of 0.7% and 0.6% respectively during 2016-2021.
Flexible Packaging is the leading pack type in the Indian packaging industry and will grow at a healthy CAGR of 8.9% during 2016-2021, with major contributions from the Food, Household Care, and Cosmetics & Toiletries industries. This growth is largely driven by its low cost and flexibility to suit multiple shapes and sizes, convenience (zip-locks, plastic closures), and low-carbon foot print on the environment as compared to Rigid Plastics. In addition, the increasing prominence of low-density flexible packs in high protein foods is expected to drive the growth in the future.
Rigid Metal packaging is expected to grow at the highest CAGR of 11.5% during 2016-2021, driven by the rise in packaged and canned food sales, aerosol products, and the popularity of Metal Cans within the Beer, Cider, and Carbonated Drinks industries. Furthermore, India accounts for a significant proportion of global trade and exports, wherein Rigid Metal packaging play a significant role due to its mechanical strength and reusability, augmenting the growth of the pack type.
Glass packaging in India is also expected to witness healthy growth, driven by rising demand in the Soft Drinks, Alcoholic Beverages, and Food industries. The novel features of Glass packs (colors, shapes, and designs), as well as its barrier properties and re-usability, make it a preferred medium for packaging in the Food and Beverage industries. Furthermore, improving economic conditions, disposable incomes, and the expanding middle class will see an increase in the demand for premium products, in turn contributing to the growth of Glass packs.
The report "Trends and Opportunities in the Indian Packaging Industry: Analysis of changing packaging trends in the Food, Cosmetics and Toiletries, Beverages and Other Industries" is a comprehensive overview of the Packaging industry in India.
In particular, it provides the analysis of following -
- Provides an overview of the usage of different packaging materials across different industries in terms of the number of units, packaging share and growth rates during 2011-2021.
- Provides an overview of the shift in the utilization of various packaging materials across sectors during 2016-2021.
- Includes data and analysis - number of units (Millions), volumes (Million kg/lit/units), growth rates - for five packaging types viz. Rigid Plastics, Rigid Metal, Glass, Paper & Board, Flexible Packaging and Others (other than the afore mentioned five types) during 2016-2021.
- Provides an understanding of the ongoing packaging trends in the country - convenience, affordability, multi-packs, eco-friendly etc.- across the five packaging materials. The report also provides a view into the future prospects of the packaging industry.
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the Packaging industry in India, as part of our coverage of the industry across 20 countries. It includes analysis on the following -
- Market Overview: Provides an overview of the usage of different packaging materials across different industries in terms of the number of units, packaging share and growth rates during 2011-2021
- Growth in use of Pack Material by Sector: Provides an overview of the shift in the utilization of various packaging materials across sectors during 2016-2021
- Key Packaging Materials: Includes data and analysis - number of units (Millions), volumes (Million kg/lit/units), growth rates - for five packaging types viz. Rigid Plastics, Rigid Metal, Glass, Paper & Board, Flexible Packaging and Others (other than the afore mentioned five types) during 2016-2021. It also covers:
- Sub-material: Includes Aluminum, Aluminum foil/paper/plastic, Brick, Flexible Plastic, Gable Top, Glass, HDPE, Metal, Paper, Paper & Board, PET, Plastic, Ready Metal Trays, Shaped, Thin-Walled and Others
- Container Type: Includes Aerosol, Jar, Can - Food, Bag/Sachet, Pouch, Tray, Tub, Carton, Film, Tin, Bottle, Box, Blister Pack, Foil, Wrapper, Clamshell, Tube, Can - Composite, Can - Drink, Other Line Items, Sleeve, Can - Paint, Keg/Drum, Cup, Bag-in-Box, Specialty Cosmetic Containers and Others
- Closure Material: Includes Metal, natural, Plastic, Synthetic and Others
- Closure Type: Includes Cap, Twist Off, Prize Off, Foil, Film, Screw Top, Stopper, Dispenser, Flip/Snap Top, Sports Cap, Plastic Tie, Crown, Lever Closure and Others
- Outer Material: Includes Flexible, Paper & Board, Rigid Plastic and Others
- Outer Type: Includes Box, Sleeve, Bag, Shrink Wrap, Blister Pack and Others
- Trends, Case Studies and Future Outlook: Provides an understanding of the ongoing packaging trends in the country - convenience, affordability, multi-packs, eco-friendly etc.- across the five packaging materials. The report also provides a view into the future prospects of the packaging industry. The case studies in each packaging section gives a success example highlighting the packaging innovations, strategies and best practices.
Reasons to buy
- Packaging companies and retailers seek the latest information on consumer trends and opportunities to formulate their sales and marketing strategies. There is also demand for authentic market data with a high level of detail. This report has been created to provide its readers with up-to-date information and analysis to uncover emerging opportunities of growth within the CPG market.
- As consumer product demand evolves the dynamics between different packaging types also evolves favoring some packaging types and formats and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the shifting market dynamics is key to ensuring maximum sales in the future.
- The differential growth across different packaging materials and formats drive fundamental shifts in the market. These differentials result from various factors such as changing consumer preferences, regulatory compliance, and innovation within the packaging market
- The report is a unique combination of in-depth qualitative analysis and authoritative packaging data for the years 2011-2021. Each packaging material has detailed data breakdown by packaging type, closure material, closure type, outer material, and outer type.