For a long time, the cure for diabetes type 1 and type 2 has relied on agonizing insulin shots for patients or insulin infusion via mechanical pumps. Regarding this, experts have been creating artificial pancreatic beta cells with the he…
MediPoint: Bone Grafts & Substitutes - Global Analysis and Market Forecasts
Autograft bone is considered the gold-standard treatment, as it confers complete histocompatibility while possessing all three parts of the bone healing triad: osteoconductive, osteoinductive, and osteogenic healing potentials. However, the amount of autograft bone available is often insufficient, and the graft harvesting procedure presents a number of comorbidities including donor site pain and infection. Due to these drawbacks, a soaring demand for alternatives to autograft bone has arisen globally.
Conditions for spontaneous bone healing after trauma or orthopedic surgery are not always ideal. Even with the efficacy of modern internal fixation and spinal fusion techniques, factors such as poor vascularity, malnutrition, and substantial bone or soft tissue loss can impede effective bone growth. As a result, the market for bone grafts and substitutes has emerged and exploded.
The global bone grafts and substitutes market was estimated at US$2.6B in 2016 across globally. By the end of the forecast period in 2023, it is estimated that the market will grow to approximately US$3.3B at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 3.7%.
Middle East and Africa bone grafts and substitutes market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 6.7% during the forecast period, followed by South America, APAC, North America and Europe at a CAGR of 5.9%, 5.2%, 3.5% and 3.0% respectively. The US represented the largest portion of the market in 2016, holding 95.5% of the regional revenue, and is expected to maintain this dominance through the forecast period.
The market for bone grafts and substitutes is highly populated, with players ranging from small orthobiologics startups to medical device multinationals. Three major players-Medtronic, DePuy Synthes, and Stryker-dominate the global space due to the companies' far-reaching distribution networks and established presence in complementary markets, including spinal fusion and trauma fixation. Additionally, as hospital purchasing organizations and healthcare providers seek cost-saving measures, the largest players in the bone grafts and substitutes market offer a full portfolio of products to meet all bone graft needs in bundled deals.
The report "MediPoint: Bone Grafts & Substitutes - Global Analysis and Market Forecasts", focuses on the market outlook for bone graft and substitute products globally. The analysis discusses the major drivers and barriers of adoption, and provides an in-depth understanding of the future outlook for this market by segment and geography.
Companies mentioned in this report: DePuy Synthes, Medtronic, Stryker Zimmer Biomet.
*Note: This is an on-demand report and will be delivered within 3 working days (excluding weekends) of the purchase.
- Outlook of sales volume, pricing trends, revenue trends with 2016 as base year and forecasts until 2023, for bone grafts and substitutes.
- Company share analysis in 2016, for bone grafts and substitutes.
- Market insights and competitive assessment of the key players within the bone grafts and substitutes market.
Reasons to buy
- Identify the unmet needs and understand physicians' perceptions of the current bone grafts and substitute products
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global bone grafts and substitutes market in the future
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.