For a long time, the cure for diabetes type 1 and type 2 has relied on agonizing insulin shots for patients or insulin infusion via mechanical pumps. Regarding this, experts have been creating artificial pancreatic beta cells with the he…
Electrolytic manganese dioxide (EMD) is used in Zinc Manganese batteries together with zinc chloride and ammonium chloride. EMD is commonly used in zinc manganese dioxide rechargeable alkaline (Zn RAM) cells also. For these applications, purity is extremely important. EMD is produced in a similar fashion as electrolytic tough pitch (ETP) copper: The manganese dioxide is dissolved in sulfuric acid (sometimes mixed with manganese sulfate) and subjected to a current between two electrodes. The MnO2 dissolves, enters solution as the sulfate, and is deposited on the anode.
Electrolytic manganese dioxide (EMD) is a critical component of the battery cathode mix in today's alkaline and lithium ion rechargeable batteries. Lithium-ion battery materials become more critical as the world moves into the "mobility era". Batteries will be needed in everything from consumer electronics to green vehicles. As such, improvements in cell performance often rely on quality raw materials. The global EMD market is driven by the demand from batteries, and in future the main driver will be electric vehicles. There are several countries have announced plans to phase out conventional cars in future.
In North America, the market is dominated by Prince (acquired ERACHEM in 2016) and Tronox Limited; In Europe, the market is dominated by Tosoh (Greece) and Cegasa; in Japan, the only producer is Tosoh.
According to this study, over the next five years the Electrolytic Manganese Dioxide (EMD) market will register a 8.2% CAGR in terms of revenue, the global market size will reach US$ 930 million by 2024, from US$ 630 million in 2019. In particular, this report presents the global market share (sales and revenue) of key companies in Electrolytic Manganese Dioxide (EMD) business, shared in Chapter 3.
This report presents a comprehensive overview, market shares, and growth opportunities of Electrolytic Manganese Dioxide (EMD) market by product type, application, key manufacturers and key regions and countries.
This study considers the Electrolytic Manganese Dioxide (EMD) value and volume generated from the sales of the following segments:
Segmentation by product type: breakdown data from 2014 to 2019, in Section 2.3; and forecast to 2024 in section 11.7.
- Alkaline Battery Grade EMD
- Zinc Manganese and Zinc-Carbon Battery Grade EMD
- Lithium-Ion Battery Grade EMD
Segmentation by application: breakdown data from 2014 to 2019, in Section 2.4; and forecast to 2024 in section 11.8.
- Others (like Water Treatment)
This report also splits the market by region: Breakdown data in Chapter 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8.
- - United States
- - Canada
- - Mexico
- - Brazil
- - China
- - Japan
- - Korea
- - Southeast Asia
- - India
- - Australia
- - Germany
- - France
- - UK
- - Italy
- - Russia
- - Spain
- Middle East & Africa
- - Egypt
- - South Africa
- - Israel
- - Turkey
- - GCC Countries
The report also presents the market competition landscape and a corresponding detailed analysis of the major vendor/manufacturers in the market. The key manufacturers covered in this report: Breakdown data in in Chapter 3.
- Tosoh (Japan)
- Prince (US)
- Tronox Limited (US)
- Cegasa (Spain)
- Mesa Minerals Limited (Australia)
- Golden Mile GmbH (Germany)
- Moil (India)
- Xiangtan Electrochemical (China)
- Guiliu Chemical (China)
- CITIC Dameng Mining (China)
- Guizhou Redstar (China)
- Weixin Manganese Industry (China)
- Yizhou Manganese Industry Manganese (China)
In addition, this report discusses the key drivers influencing market growth, opportunities, the challenges and the risks faced by key manufacturers and the market as a whole. It also analyzes key emerging trends and their impact on present and future development.
- To study and analyze the global Electrolytic Manganese Dioxide (EMD) consumption (value & volume) by key regions/countries, product type and application, history data from 2014 to 2018, and forecast to 2024.
- To understand the structure of Electrolytic Manganese Dioxide (EMD) market by identifying its various subsegments.
- Focuses on the key global Electrolytic Manganese Dioxide (EMD) manufacturers, to define, describe and analyze the sales volume, value, market share, market competition landscape, SWOT analysis and development plans in next few years.
- To analyze the Electrolytic Manganese Dioxide (EMD) with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and their contribution to the total market.
- To share detailed information about the key factors influencing the growth of the market (growth potential, opportunities, drivers, industry-specific challenges and risks).
- To project the consumption of Electrolytic Manganese Dioxide (EMD) submarkets, with respect to key regions (along with their respective key countries).
- To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, agreements, new product launches, and acquisitions in the market.
- To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their growth strategies.