This TV and Video Market observatory covers North America (Canada and the United States).
It contains historic data going back to 2015, and market forecasts up to 2023.
It covers how viewers access TV programming along with TV and OTT service revenue. The leading players’ audience and viewer data are also documented, segment by segment.
The Excel dataset is completed by a summary that delivers insights on the findings and the major trends in markets and services.
This report is part of our global Television and Video Market observatory. This includes dedicated publications on Middle East-Africa, Europe, Latin America and Asia-Pacific regions, as well as a consolidated global edition.
- Video viewing time: live linear TV, time-shifted TV, online video
- The top free-to-air channels’ audience share
- General access indicators: TV households, FTA & pay-TV households
- Households’ main television access mode: terrestrial, satellite, cable, IPTV
- Digitization levels: analogue/digital split for each access mode
- Pay-TV penetration: pay-TV/free-to-air only split
- Customer numbers for the main pay-TV services
- Income from public financing/licensing fees
- TV ad revenue
- Pay-TV revenue
- Revenue from video on demand, managed and OTT services (video advertising revenue, DTR, EST, SVoD)
Type of data
- Background data 2015-2018
- Estimates as of the end of 2019
- Forecasts for 2020-2023
- United States