For a long time, the cure for diabetes type 1 and type 2 has relied on agonizing insulin shots for patients or insulin infusion via mechanical pumps. Regarding this, experts have been creating artificial pancreatic beta cells with the he…
India water purifier market
Water purifiers are n- longer considered t- be consumer durables limited t- affluent households. Increasing awareness coupled with lower prices have increased the penetration of water purifiers across lower income groups and rural households in the country. Reverse osmosis (RO) technology embedded in modern water purifiers is the most popular category.
Water purifiers range from simple water filters t- advanced purifiers using membrane technology for water filtration followed by disinfection with ultraviolet (UV) lamp filters. Water purification has evolved, from using clay t- filter out the sediments, t- advanced water purification technologies that use electricity and the internet.
Import of household type water filters by value has grown at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of ~15.2%, where in terms of volume, it has gone down at a CAGR of ~21.5% during FY 2014 t- FY 2018 due t- a reduction in customs duty. Bangladesh is the largest importer of water filters for homes both in terms of value and volume for FY 2017 and FY 2018, followed by Philippines, Indonesia and Sri Lanka among others.
Key growth factors
- Manufacturers are producing affordable water-purifying units in order t- penetrate the market. The price of water purifiers range from INR 500 - INR 20,000. Low-cost purifiers are easy t- maintain and the refilling/refurbishing cost is als- not very high.
- India has the world's highest number of people wh- are without access t- clean water. Moreover, challenges such as acute shortage, excessive salinity, and depleting underground water reserves plague the water distribution system. The proportionate levels of total dissolved solids (TDS), hardness, chlorides, and nitrates among others responsible for water contamination, have exceeded the permissible limits in certain parts of Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Lucknow, Pune, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Chennai.
Threats and key players
- Water purifiers are considered t- be a push product requiring considerable concept selling in rural markets, and penetration of water purifiers in rural India is als- lower due t- economic factors, poor sales and lack of distribution networks
- Eureka Forbes Limited, KENT R- Systems Limited, Blue Star Limited, Hindustan Unilever Limited and Tata Chemicals Limited are some of the major players operating in the Indian water purifier market
What is covered in the report?
1. Overview of the Indian water purifier market
2. Historical, current and forecasted market size data for the Indian water purifier market (2016 t- 2023)
3. Qualitative analysis of the Indian water purifier market and its segments (by company- Eureka Forbes, Kent Ro, Livpure and others)
4. Trade analysis of the water purifier market in India
5. Qualitative analysis of the major drivers and challenges affecting the market
6. Analysis of the competitive landscape and profiles of major players operating in the market
7. Key recent developments associated with the water purifier market in India
1. Get a broad understanding of the water purifier market in India, the dynamics of the market and current state of the sector
2. Strategize marketing, market-entry, market expansion and other business plans by understanding the factors driving growth in the market
3. Be informed regarding the key developments in the water purifier market in India
4. Understand major competitors' business strategies and market dynamics and respond accordingly t- benefit from the market
With the given market data, Netscribes offers customizations according t- specific needs. Write t- us at [email protected]