For a long time, the cure for diabetes type 1 and type 2 has relied on agonizing insulin shots for patients or insulin infusion via mechanical pumps. Regarding this, experts have been creating artificial pancreatic beta cells with the he…
India warehousing market
A warehouse consolidates products from multiple sourcing locations, provides cross-docking facilities t- retail distributors, acts as a sorting center for customer deliveries, and an assembly facility for final packaging and bundling of products. Modern warehouses in India provides value-added services such as consolidation and breaking up of cargo, packaging, labelling, barcoding and reverse logistics along with storing facilities. The different types of warehouses are: fulfilment centres, distribution centres, return centres and showrooms.
Based on the type of infrastructure, the Indian warehousing market is categorized int- three types, namely lower stratum, middle stratum and higher stratum.
Technological advancements such as the use of Internet of things (IoT), cloud computing, big data analytics, robotics and automation, advanced imagers, and mobile thermal printers are revamping the warehousing market scenari- in India. Several government initiatives such as the Make in India' program and efforts t- set up industrial corridors have attracted significant international players t- the warehousing market. Implementation of the goods and services tax (GST) had a positive effect on the Indian warehousing market due t- diminishing state boundaries. Removal of interstate checkpoints, reduction in carg- movement time and replacement of multiple state and central level taxes are facilitating consolidation of warehouses.
Warehousing clusters across major Indian cities
Growth in Indian e-commerce, third-party logistics (3PLs), retail, fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG), aut- and aut- ancillaries, and chemical and pharmaceutical industries are expected t- drive the demand for organized players in the Indian warehousing market. Bolstering infrastructure initiatives such as industrial corridors, and dedicated freight corridors, among others, are expected t- augment demand in the Northern Capital Region (NCR), Mumbai Metropolitan Region (MMR), Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Kolkata.
Key growth factors
- Growth in Indian e-commerce, 3PLs, retail, FMCG, aut- and aut- ancillaries, and chemical and pharmaceutical industries is expected t- drive the demand for organized players in the Indian warehousing market.
- Cashing in on the existing trend of the economy, there has been a sharp increase in automobile sales in the country. Increasing international trade is strengthening the growth of the warehousing market in India.
Threats and key players
- Conversion of agricultural land for industrial and commercial purposes is a major challenge faced by the players operating in the Indian warehousing market. In India, the warehousing market is still at a nascent stage and is highly fragmented as compared t- the United States (US) and European countries.
- Lack of warehousing standards and accreditation poses a major threat t- the Indian warehousing industry mainly due t- unavailability of quality and flexible warehousing spaces.
- Container Corporation of India Ltd., Gati Ltd. and Mahindra Logistics Ltd. are some of the major players that are operating in the Indian warehousing market.
What is covered in the report?
1. Overview of the Indian warehousing market
2. Historical, current and forecasted market size data for the Indian warehousing market (FY 2016 t- FY 2023) - by value
3. Historical, current and forecasted market size data for the Indian warehousing market (2016 t- 2023) - by warehousing space requirement
4. Warehousing strategy before and after the implementation of GST
5. Qualitative analysis of the Indian warehousing market and warehousing clusters across major Indian cities
6. Investment scenari- in the warehousing market in India
7. Qualitative analysis of the major drivers and challenges affecting the market
8. Analysis of the competitive landscape and profiles of major players operating in the market
9. Key recent developments associated with the warehousing market in India
1. Get a broad understanding of the warehousing market in India, the dynamics of the market and current state of the sector
2. Strategize marketing, market entry, market expansion and other business plans by understanding the factors driving growth in the market
3. Be informed regarding the key developments in the warehousing market in India
4. Understand major competitors' business strategies and market dynamics and respond accordingly t- benefit from the market
With the given market data, Netscribes offers customizations according t- specific needs. Write t- us at [email protected]