For a long time, the cure for diabetes type 1 and type 2 has relied on agonizing insulin shots for patients or insulin infusion via mechanical pumps. Regarding this, experts have been creating artificial pancreatic beta cells with the he…
Walmart Inc. - Enterprise Tech Ecosystem Series
Walmart Inc (Walmart) is a retailer that operates grocery stores, supermarkets, hypermarkets, department and discount stores, and neighborhood markets. The company's stores offer grocery and consumables, health and wellness, technology, office and entertainment, hardlines, apparel, and home categories. It also operates warehouse clubs (including Sam's Clubs). Walmart markets products under various private labels and licensed brand names including Equate, Bonobos, Mainstays, George, Onn, Parent's Choice, Time and Tru, Wonder Nation, and No Boundaries. The company offers fuel, gift cards and financial services and other related products including money orders, prepaid cards, wire transfers, money transfers, check cashing and bill payments. It merchandises products through various e-commerce portals. The company operates wholesale, retail and other units, and e-commerce websites, across the US, Canada, Africa, Central America, China, Chile, Mexico, and India.
In 2021, Walmart renamed its Walmart Media Group to Walmart Connect, to provide opportunities for its partners to accelerate connection between brands and its weekly customers in an omnichannel environment.
Launched in January 2019, Omega 8 is Walmart China's innovation platform that combines Walmart with technology companies to develop cutting-edge solutions that address the challenges faced in retail industry and accelerate retail digital transformation.
In October 2018, Walmart, together with seven other investors made a strategic investment of $85 million in Team8. Team8 is an Israel-based think tank and tech incubator that brings together innovators, strategic partners, investors, entrepreneurs, experts, customers, and ideas to build new, disruptive companies in order to help businesses grow.
The report provides information and insights into Walmart's tech activities, including -
- Insights of its digital transformation strategies and accelerator & innovation programs
- Overview of technology initiatives covering partnerships, product launches, investments and acquisitions
- Insights on each technology initiative including technology theme, objective, and benefits
- Details of estimated ICT budgets and major ICT contracts
- Walmart is leveraging AI technologies in its operations, customer service and product catalogs to enhance operational efficiencies and drive customer experiences. For instance, it implemented deep learning AI models for smarter substitutions for out-of-stock items in online grocery orders.
- Walmart is leveraging big data analytics technology to enhance its operational efficiencies and shopping experience for its customers. It collects data from millions of customers every hour and analyses the data with respect to millions of products and customers from different sources.
- Since 2015, Walmart has partnered with several tech companies, to tap the power of disruptive technologies. For instance, it has partnered with Google, Malong Technologies, Pactum, and Clover Health for AI technology; and VeChain, DLT Labs and IBM for blockchain technology; while it also joined hands with Microsoft, Coupa, Inovalon, and Adobe for cloud technology.
- Walmart provides omni-channel experience to customers, integrating retail stores and ecommerce, such as through pickup and delivery services in most of its markets.
Reasons to Buy
- Gain insights into Walmart's tech operations.
- Gain insights into its tech strategies and innovation initiatives.
- Gain insights into its technology themes under focus.
- Gain insights into various product launches, partnerships, investments and acquisition strategies.