For a long time, the cure for diabetes type 1 and type 2 has relied on agonizing insulin shots for patients or insulin infusion via mechanical pumps. Regarding this, experts have been creating artificial pancreatic beta cells with the he…
United Kingdom (UK) Wealth Management - Competitive Dynamics 2020
This report provides an overview of the top wealth managers in the UK, based on business model and minimum investment thresholds as well as rankings based on assets under management. It explores regulations that pertain to wealth managers and offers insight into recent M&A activity, new entrants to the UK market, and divestment activity. The report also examines product and service innovations and personalized offerings.
The top 20 UK wealth managers saw assets under management (AUM) growth in 2019, with positive market performance and acquisitions common reasons for outperforming the previous year. In 2020, new entrants were scarce in the wealth market space due to the COVID-19 pandemic, but digital players continued expanding services and partnering to retain clientele and grow their customer base. Mitigating the negative impact of the Coronavirus Crash was key for regulators in 2020, and with the Brexit transition coming to an end there is new regulation for firms to abide by.
- The market leaders in terms of AUM are St. James's Place Wealth Management, Barclays, and Cazenove Capital. The AUM of the top 20 UK wealth managers grew by 15% between 2018 and 2019.
- UK wealth management activity remains concentrated in London and South East England, with the regions home to a combined 29.5% of total UK HNW liquid assets.
- Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, the government, the Bank of England, and the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) have been working with the industry to mitigate the impact of the downturn for both firms and their clients.
- M&A activity continues, with some competitors using it to grow their market share. The merger between Smith & Williamson and Tilney was completed in 2020.
Reasons to Buy
- Benchmark your market share against the top 20 UK performers.
- Understand drivers for AUM growth among leading wealth managers in the UK.
- Gain insight into M&A activity and organic growth for both new entrants and incumbents.
- Understand changes to UK regulations.
- Learn about product and service innovations among traditional wealth managers.
- Understand growth within the robo-advice space.