For a long time, the cure for diabetes type 1 and type 2 has relied on agonizing insulin shots for patients or insulin infusion via mechanical pumps. Regarding this, experts have been creating artificial pancreatic beta cells with the he…
What does the report contain?
- This report focuses on a fast-growing segment of the parcels industry: those services designed to carry parcels on behalf of consumers and small businesses, such as eBay or Amazon Marketplace sellers.
- We quantify the market segment size, historical growth rates, segmentation patterns and levels of market profitability while reviewing key factors behind these figures.
- We also carry out an in-depth analysis of the relevant drivers of industry growth. This includes trends in home shopping, the growth of eBay and its peers and the development, by existing players and new entrants, of new services targeted at this segment.
- Leading operators focusing on the consumer / small business segment are profiled, their strategies and positioning are reviewed and their performance and prospects are analysed.
- The report sets out historical trends in a data-rich document with over 30 charts and tables.
- It contains our forecast scenario for consumer / small business segment growth which is based on analysis of historical trends and our understanding of growth drivers.
What are the objectives of this report?
- The UK parcels industry has continued to grow, however the traditional business-to-business (B2B) segment is increasingly mature.
- To find growth, carriers have had to look first to consumer deliveries (B2C) as home shopping became increasingly important, and now, as marketplaces such as eBay and Amazon continue to grow and increased home shopping leads to ever more returns, to parcels consigned by consumers and small businesses such as eBay sellers (C2X parcels).
- The report is intended for parcels carriers and logistics groups, home-shopping retailers, operators of consumer / small business parcels service providers, potential entrants to the segment, investors, banks, analysts, consultants and other parties with interests in the area.
What are the sources and methodology?
This report is based on
- Interviews with senior-level contacts in the parcels and home shopping industries
- In-depth analysis of the macroeconomic environment and relevant parcels market drivers
- Financial analysis of the accounts of companies in the industry
- Our own experience of advising both companies and investors in the parcels and home shopping industry
Information from these sources has been synthesised and presented clearly and concisely with extensive use of charts and tables to illuminate points and support conclusions.
Changes since last year
- Since last year's edition, all areas of the report, including our forecasts have been reviewed and updated and, where appropriate, re-written to reflect latest market developments.
- Readers who used our report last year will note that this process has included us making a significant revision to our estimate of the overall size of the segment.