For a long time, the cure for diabetes type 1 and type 2 has relied on agonizing insulin shots for patients or insulin infusion via mechanical pumps. Regarding this, experts have been creating artificial pancreatic beta cells with the he…
Given the increasing prevalence of expensive household goods, cars and consumer electronics, insurance has become an unavoidable and often necessary cost in modern life. Mobile phones, and smartphones in particular are no exception to this trend.
Most major wireless carriers, insurance specialists, device OEMs, retailers and even banks now offer insurance plans that cover theft, loss, malfunctions and damage of mobile phones. Many policies now also integrate enhanced technical support and additional protection features such as data backup facilities, allowing users to securely backup their phone data online.
SNS Research estimates that the global mobile phone insurance market is expected for account for nearly $31 Billion in revenue by the end of 2015. The market is further expected to grow at a CAGR of nearly 10% over the next five years, eventually accounting for over $48 Billion in revenue by the end of 2020.
The "Mobile Phone Insurance Ecosystem: 2015 – 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies & Forecasts" report presents an in-depth assessment of the mobile phone insurance ecosystem including market drivers, challenges, opportunities, value chain, future roadmap, case studies, ecosystem player profiles and strategies. The report also presents market size forecasts from 2015 through to 2020. The forecasts are segmented for 6 regional and 64 country level markets.
The report comes with an associated Excel datasheet suite covering quantitative data from all numeric forecasts presented in the report.
The report has the following key findings:
- SNS Research estimates that the global mobile phone insurance market is expected for account for nearly $31 Billion in revenue by the end of 2015
- The market is further expected to grow at a CAGR of nearly 10% over the next five years, eventually accounting for over $48 Billion in revenue by the end of 2020
- In an effort to boost the uptake of mobile phone insurance, wireless carriers and insurance providers have extensively enhanced their insurance offerings with the addition of data protection/recovery features and integrated technical support
- Mobile device OEMs are keen to develop alliances with local insurance regulators to improve the sales prospects of their smartphones sold through their branded retail stores
The report covers the following topics:
- Mobile phone insurance ecosystem
- Market drivers and barriers
- Insurance policy structure, distribution channels and key trends
- Industry roadmap, value chain and case studies
- Profiles and strategies of 24 leading ecosystem players
- Strategic recommendations for ecosystem players
- Market analysis and forecasts from 2015 till 2020
Historical Revenue & Forecast Segmentation:
Market forecasts are provided for the following regional and country level submarkets:
- Regional Segmentation
- Asia Pacific
- Eastern Europe
- Latin & Central America
- Middle East & Africa
- North America
- Western Europe
- Country Level Segmentation
- Algeria, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bolivia, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Croatia, Czech Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kenya, Lithuania, Malaysia, Mexico, Morocco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nigeria, Pakistan, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovak Republic, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sudan, Sweden, Taiwan, Tanzania, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, UK, Ukraine, Uruguay, USA, Venezuela and Vietnam
Key Questions Answered:
The report provides answers to the following key questions:
- How big is the mobile phone insurance opportunity?
- What trends, challenges and barriers are influencing its growth?
- How is the ecosystem evolving by region?
- What will the market size be in 2020 and at what rate will it grow?
- Which countries will see the highest percentage of growth?
- Who are the key market players and what are their strategies?
- What risks are typically covered in mobile phone insurance offerings?
- How can insurance help wireless carriers in reducing churn?
- What strategies should wireless carriers, device OEMs and insurance providers adopt to remain competitive?
List of Companies Mentioned:
The following companies and organizations have been reviewed, discussed or mentioned in the report:
- A Wireless
- ACE European Group
- Allianz Insurance
- AmTrust International Underwriters
- Appalachian Wireless
- AT&T Mobility
- Best Buy
- Brightstar Corporation
- Carphone Warehouse
- Diamond Wireless
- First Direct
- Geek Squad
- GoCare Warranty Group
- Hollard Group
- HSBC Bank
- Liberty Mutual Insurance Group
- Mobile Rhino (Stuckey & Company)
- NIA (New India Assurance)
- NQ Mobile
- NTT DoCoMo
- Pier Insurance Managed Services
- Protect Your Bubble
- Supercover Insurance
- Telefónica Group
- Telefónica Insurance
- The Allianz Group (Allianz SE)
- Verizon Communications
- Verizon Wireless