For a long time, the cure for diabetes type 1 and type 2 has relied on agonizing insulin shots for patients or insulin infusion via mechanical pumps. Regarding this, experts have been creating artificial pancreatic beta cells with the he…
"TWDM-PON is not just about bandwidth – it is an opportunity for operators to create a pivotal role in the digital economy of the future."
Building out FTTP is expensive, and building up subscribers can be a slow process. TWDM-PON promises more flexibility than GPON or EPON, and enables operators to exploit the same physical plant for a broader range of advanced enterprise and wholesale services. This report assesses the long-term commercial potential for TWDM-PON.
This strategy report assesses:
- the time and cost of deploying wavelength division multiplexed passive optical network (TWDM-PON) technology and what the implementation barriers are
- how far TWDM-PON should influence the network strategy decisions that established players and new entrants are making today
- how much additional revenue (over GPON/EPON) the implementation of TWDM-PON could bring from: fixed broadband and backhaul, mobile backhaul and fronthaul, and enterprise services
- the synergies between TWDM-PON and cloud-RAN (C-RAN) or 5G
- the financial risks for operators
- the types of operator that will roll out TWDM-PON first and why.