"Operators can target segments of unmet digital service demand as long as consumers’ engagement with OTT communication and social media apps remains limited in Australia and New Zealand."
This report focuses on aspects of Analysys Mason's Connected Consumer Survey that relate to the behaviour, preferences and plans of smartphone users in Australia and New Zealand (ANZ). In particular, it focuses on respondents' usage of over-the-top (OTT) communications and social media services.
- identifies which communications apps are used the most in ANZ
- highlights the pockets of revenue growth that remain in the OTT communication market
- identifies which OTT communication app features are used the most
- discusses the ways in which consumers in ANZ balance their use of OTT VoIP services with that of operator voice services
- identifies consumers’ preferred channels to use to communicate with brands.
Survey Data Coverage:
The research was conducted between July and August 2019. The survey groups were chosen to be representative of the mobile-internet-using population in Australia and New Zealand. We set quotas on age, gender and geographical spread to that effect. There were a minimum of 1000 respondents per country.