For a long time, the cure for diabetes type 1 and type 2 has relied on agonizing insulin shots for patients or insulin infusion via mechanical pumps. Regarding this, experts have been creating artificial pancreatic beta cells with the he…
Semiconductor Sector Scorecard, 2021 Update - Thematic Research
The semiconductor industry is at the start of a 10-year reset in the wake of the pandemic, geopolitical turmoil, and the resulting global chip shortage. It is reshaping itself to enable the age of artificial intelligence (AI) and the Internet of Things (IoT).
- Beijing, Washington, and Brussels will protect their sovereignties and hedge against external shocks by building sufficient onshore chip-making capacity by 2030. This will ensure steady local supplies of chips for their defense and security establishments and local industries.
- TSMC and Samsung Electronics currently supply 35% of all the world's chips and 100% of the most advanced chips from their Asian foundries. They will diversify their manufacturing plants via subsidized projects in the US and Europe. Each already has expansion projects underway in the US.
- There will be friction between the leading US chip companies (Intel, Qualcomm, Texas Instruments, Nvidia, Applied Materials, Synopsys) and Washington. The former relies on China for, on average, 35% of their revenues and much of their future growth, while the latter seeks to contain China by depriving it of US technology.
- This sector scorecard provides a top-down, comprehensive outlook for the key players in the semiconductor sector over the next two years, based on the key themes set to transform their industry landscape.
Reasons to Buy
- Companies that invest in the right themes become success stories; those that miss the big themes end up as failures. Given that so many themes are disruptive, it is very easy to be blindsided by industry outsiders that invade your sector.
- To help our clients gain a competitive advantage, we have developed GlobalData's thematic research ecosystem. This single, integrated global research platform provides an easy-to-use framework for tracking all themes across all companies in all sectors.
- This report is a sector scorecard, which identifies those companies most likely to succeed in a world filled with disruptive threats.