For a long time, the cure for diabetes type 1 and type 2 has relied on agonizing insulin shots for patients or insulin infusion via mechanical pumps. Regarding this, experts have been creating artificial pancreatic beta cells with the he…
Retailing in China - Market Shares, Summary and Forecasts to 2025
This report provides both the historic and forecast market data of total retail sales in China. It illustrates the data with charts, graphs and tables summarizing the value trends, with individual sector details in overall retail. The forecasts include the impact of COVID-19 on growth. The report also reveals major retailers in each sector and their market share along with their price and market positioning in 2020.
This report uses data from GlobalData's Retail database showing the trends in the market and sectors by value. It also reveals the major retailers by market share in 2020 in each of the sectors. All data includes the impact COVID-19 has had on sales in 2020 (forecasted at the date of publication).
- The overall retail industry in China is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 7.1% between 2020 and 2025 to reach C¥44.9 trillion.
- Food & Grocery is the dominating sector with C¥19.7 trillion in 2020 but Clothing & Footwear is the fastest growing sector, which will grow at 8.1% CAGR between 2020-2025 to reach C¥3.6 trillion .
- Convenience stores (including independents) and gas stations is the leading channel, while online channel is expected to see the maximum growth during the forecast period, registering a CAGR of 14.4% between 2020-2025 to reach C¥8.7 trillion.
- The Chinese retail industry is dominated by mass market players
Reasons to Buy
- Gain a comprehensive view of the retail industry and forecasts to 2025
- Explore new opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand following the impact of COVID-19 on the retail market
- Investigate current and forecast trends in retail sectors to identify the opportunities offering the most potential
- Understand who the main competitors are in the sectors and their price positioning