For a long time, the cure for diabetes type 1 and type 2 has relied on agonizing insulin shots for patients or insulin infusion via mechanical pumps. Regarding this, experts have been creating artificial pancreatic beta cells with the he…
Glass packaging is a transparent container made of molten glass material through blowing and mold forming, mainly used in beverage, food, beauty, personal care and pharmaceutical fields. Glass packaging has a wide variety of shapes, transparent and beautiful, and its excellent chemical stability and barrier properties provide good preservation conditions for the items being packaged.
Glass packaging has a unique texture that is irreplaceable by other packaging products, and occupies a dominant position in the fields of perfume, beauty and skin care products. According to CRI's analysis, with the economic development of Southeast Asia, the living standards of the residents continue to improve, the demand for beauty and cosmetic products in Southeast Asia is growing. Southeast Asia is the global cosmetics industry's future priority market, and is expected to exceed US$80 billion in 2032. The boom in Southeast Asia's cosmetics industry has driven the development of its glass packaging industry.
There are some differences in the degree of development of glass packaging industry in Southeast Asia in different countries. According to CRI's analysis, the development of glass packaging industry in some Southeast Asian countries is relatively good. Take Thailand as an example, Thailand is a major glass packaging producer and consumer in Southeast Asia, and companies such as BGC, Union Victors, Kong Thavorn Glassware, Ocean Glassware and BMG are the major glass container producers in Thailand. In 2021, BGC, the largest glass container manufacturer in Thailand, announced that it will invest 2.7 billion baht (approximately US$80 million) in capacity expansion, doubling the glass production capacity of its two plants to meet growing demand in both domestic and international markets.
Southeast Asia in this report includes 10 countries: Singapore, Thailand, Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia, Vietnam, Myanmar, Brunei, Laos and Cambodia. With a total population of nearly 700 million by the end of 2022, Southeast Asia has an overall economic growth rate higher than the global average and is one of the key drivers of future global economic growth.
According to CRI's analysis, the economic levels of the 10 Southeast Asian countries vary greatly, with Singapore being the only developed country with a per capita GDP of about US$79,000 in 2022. While Myanmar and Cambodia will have a GDP per capita of less than US$2,000 in 2022. The population and minimum wage levels of each country also vary greatly. Brunei, which has the smallest population, will have a total population of less than 500,000 people in 2022, while Indonesia, which has the largest population, will have a population of about 280 million people in 2022.
CRI expects the Southeast Asian glass packaging industry to continue to grow from 2023-2032.
- Southeast Asia Glass Packaging Industry Status and Major Sources in 2018-2022
- What is the Impact of COVID-19 on Southeast Asia Glass Packaging Industry?
- Which Companies are the Major Players in Southeast Asia Glass Packaging Industry Market and What are their Competitive Benchmarks?
- Key Drivers and Market Opportunities in Southeast Asia Glass Packaging Industry
- What are the Key Drivers, Challenges, and Opportunities for Southeast Asia Glass Packaging Industry during 2023-2032?
- What is the Expected Revenue of Southeast Asia Glass Packaging Industry during 2023-2032?
- What are the Strategies Adopted by the Key Players in the Market to Increase Their Market Share in the Industry?
- What are the Competitive Advantages of the Major Players in Southeast Asia Glass Packaging Industry Market?
- Which Segment of Southeast Asia Glass Packaging Industry is Expected to Dominate the Market in 2032?
- What are the Major Adverse Factors Facing Southeast Asia Glass Packaging Industry?