For a long time, the cure for diabetes type 1 and type 2 has relied on agonizing insulin shots for patients or insulin infusion via mechanical pumps. Regarding this, experts have been creating artificial pancreatic beta cells with the he…
PT Bank Rakyat Indonesia (Persero) Tbk - Enterprise Tech Ecosystem Series
PT Bank Rakyat Indonesia (Persero) Tbk (BRI) is a state-owned commercial bank. The bank offers retail and corporate banking products and related financial solutions to individuals, micro, small and medium entrepreneurs (MSMEs), and corporate institutions. The bank's product portfolio comprises current and savings accounts, fixed deposits, credit and debit cards, mutual funds, pension plans, and loans for housing, vehicle personal needs, and corporate financing, among others. The bank offers services such as wealth management, foreign exchange, treasury, cash management, trade finance, custodian, online banking, bank guarantees, and remittance services. Furthermore, BRI provides private and Sharia banking, and insurance solutions. The bank has operational presence in Indonesia, the US, Hong Kong, Singapore, Cayman Island, and Timor Leste.
Launched in 2021, Sembrani Wira Accelerator program is a BRI Ventures initiative that aims to support early-stage start-ups in Indonesia. The program which runs for eight weeks provides participating start-ups with access to industry expertise, mentoring, and funding, while its also provides promising start-ups with opportunity to partner with BRI.
Launched in 2020, BRI Data Hackathon is a data science competition organized by BRI, where participants are asked to address the business challenges using machine learning methods.
This report provides insight into Bank Rakyat's fintech activities, including its digital transformation strategies, its innovation programs, its technology initiatives, its estimated ICT budget, and its major ICT contracts.
- BRI began its digital transformation journey in 2016, which aims to enhance operational efficiency and customer satisfaction. BRI continuously carries out its transformation through various initiatives, such as business process reengineering, leveraging big data and AI technologies, and developing digital platforms.
- BRI is tapping the power of AI technology for customer service through its virtual assistant Sabrina, and BRIBrain, platform based on AI and big data technologies. BRI banks on its big data capabilities for digitizing its business processes. In 2020, BRI continued to improve its big data management capabilities, including implementation of Master Data Management and BRIOneData.
- BRI partnered with Cloudera to leverage AI, machine learning, and data analytics technologies, to better understand its customers and deliver innovative solutions. It has implemented Confluent Platform and Apache Kafka that delivers real-time analytics for credit scoring, fraud detection, and merchant assessment.
Reasons to Buy
- Gain insights into Bank Rakyat's fintech operations.
- Gain insights into its fintech strategies and innovation initiatives.
- Gain insights into its technology themes under focus.
- Gain insights into its various product launches, partnerships and investment strategies.