For a long time, the cure for diabetes type 1 and type 2 has relied on agonizing insulin shots for patients or insulin infusion via mechanical pumps. Regarding this, experts have been creating artificial pancreatic beta cells with the he…
Peru Copper Mining to 2024 - Updated with Impact of COVID-19
GlobalData's "Peru Copper Mining to 2024 - Updated with Impact of COVID-19" comprehensively covers Peru's reserves of copper, historic and forecast trends in the country's copper production and the key active, exploration and development copper mines. The report also analyses factors affecting the country's demand for copper and profiles the major copper producers.
In 2020, Peru witnessed the highest fall in its history of producing copper, owing mainly to the COVID-19 pandemic, which created an unprecedented challenge for the Peruvian mining industry, affecting workers, the government and companies, as well as local communities. Peru's copper production is estimated to have declined by 13% to 2,137.6kt in 2020. Key operating mines that had to face temporary suspension, in line with the national and provincial COVID-19 restrictions, included the Antamina mine, which was inactive during April and May 2020, leading to a 23.6% year-on-year (y-o-y) decline in production during the first nine months of 2020.
This was followed by Freeport's Cerro Verde mine, which was idle for nearly three weeks between March and April 2020, before progressing with an average production capacity of 90% during the third quarter of that year. In 2021, the country's copper production is forecast to bounce back by 10.4%, to reach 2.4 million tonnes (Mt), and then reach 3.1Mt by 2024 - a CAGR of 9.2% over the forecast period (2021-2024). The country's output will be largely supported by production from the existing portfolio of operating mines including, Cerro Verde, Las Bambas, Toromocho, Antapaccay, and Constancia, as these stride towards getting back to pre-COVID-19 production levels.
- The report analyses Peru's copper mining industry, with details of reserves, production, consumption trends and forecasts, the competitive landscape and listing of the major active, exploration and development projects.
Reasons to Buy
- Comprehensive evaluation of the impact of coronavirus on Peruvian copper industry
- To gain an understanding of the Peruvian copper mining industry, relevant driving factors
- To understand historical and forecast trend on Peruvian copper production, and exports
- To identify key players in the Peruvian copper mining industry
- To gain an understanding of major active, exploration and development projects
- Enhance your decision-making capability in a more rapid and time sensitive manner
- Find out Peru's governing bodies, major laws in the industry
- To gain an overview of Peru's mining fiscal regime