For a long time, the cure for diabetes type 1 and type 2 has relied on agonizing insulin shots for patients or insulin infusion via mechanical pumps. Regarding this, experts have been creating artificial pancreatic beta cells with the he…
DelveInsight's, "Non Muscle Invasive Bladder Cancer (NMIBC)- Pipeline Insight, 2020," report provides comprehensive insights about 25+ companies and 30+ pipeline drugs in Non-Muscle Invasive Bladder Cancer pipeline landscape. It covers the pipeline drug profiles, including clinical and nonclinical stage products. It also covers the therapeutics assessment by product type, stage, route of administration, and molecule type. It further highlights the inactive pipeline products in this space.
- Global coverage
Non Muscle Invasive Bladder Cancer Understanding
Non Muscle Invasive Bladder Cancer: Overview
NMIBC is defined as a superficial neoplasia confined to the mucosa, (including Ta which is a noninvasive papillary carcinoma and carcinoma in situ (CIS), which is flat and non-papillary) or lamina propria (T1) based on the American Joint Committee on Cancer (AJCC) staging system, also known as the tumor node metastases (TNM) classification. Ta accounts for most NMIBC (60%), whereas T1 and Tis (CIS) account for 30% and 10%, respectively.
Some people may have symptoms that suggest they have bladder cancer. Others may feel nothing at all. Some symptoms should never be ignored. Some of the common symptoms are:
- Hematuria (blood in the urine) - the most common symptom, often without pain
- Frequent and urgent urination
- Pain when urine passes
- Pain in lower abdomen
- Back pain
The following tests may be done to determine bladder cancer:
- Urine cytology: The color and content of the urine will be checked. This test will also look at body cells under a microscope.to test for cancer cells.
- Blood tests: A comprehensive metabolic panel (CMP), which includes kidney and liver function tests
- A. Computerized tomography scan (also known as CT or CAT scans) with a bladder scope "cystoscopy" are often good enough to diagnose bladder cancer.
- Cystoscopy: A doctor will use a thin tube that has a light and camera at the end of it (cystoscope) to pass through the urethra into the bladder.
The main treatments for when the cancer cells are found only in the bladder's inner lining (non-muscle-invasive bladder cancer) are surgery, immunotherapy and intravesical chemotherapy. Surgery, on its own or combined with other treatments, is used in most cases. Superficial, non-muscle invasive bladder cancers (NMIBCs) are managed with cystoscopic transurethral resection of all visible lesions followed by intravesical chemotherapy and/or immunotherapy. Pembrolizumab is approved for the treatment of patients with Bacillus Calmette-Guerin (BCG)-unresponsive, high-risk, non-muscle invasive bladder cancer (NMIBC) with carcinoma in situ (CIS) with or without papillary tumors who are ineligible for or have elected not to undergo cystectomy
Non Muscle Invasive Bladder Cancer Emerging Drugs Chapters
This segment of the Non Muscle Invasive Bladder Cancer report encloses its detailed analysis of various drugs in different stages of clinical development, including phase II, I, preclinical and Discovery. It also helps to understand clinical trial details, expressive pharmacological action, agreements and collaborations, and the latest news and press releases.
Non Muscle Invasive Bladder Cancer Emerging Drugs
- Opdivo: Bristol-Myers Squibb/Ono Pharmaceuticals
Opdivo is a programmed death-1 (PD-1) immune checkpoint inhibitor that is designed to uniquely harness the body's own immune system to help restore anti-tumor immune response by blocking the interaction between PD-1 and its ligands. By harnessing the body's own immune system to fight cancer, Opdivo has become an important treatment option across multiple cancers. It is currently in phase III stage of development.
- UGN-102: UroGen Pharma
UGN-102 (mitomycin gel) is an investigational formulation that utilizes our innovative technology, RTGel reverse-thermal hydrogel, for the treatment of low-grade NMIBC.Administered locally via standard catheters, UGN-102 is designed to fill and conform to the anatomy of the bladder and dwell for a period of several hours before being excreted via normal urine flow. UroGen has completed enrollment in a phase 2b study to further investigate UGN-102 for the treatment of intermediate-risk low-grade NMIBC.
Further product details are provided in the report ..
Non Muscle Invasive Bladder Cancer: Therapeutic Assessment
This segment of the report provides insights about the different Non Muscle Invasive Bladder Cancer drugs segregated based on following parameters that define the scope of the report, such as:
- Major Players in Non-Muscle Invasive Bladder Cancer
There are approx. 25+ key companies which are developing the therapies for Non Muscle Invasive Bladder Cancer. The companies which have their Non Muscle Invasive Bladder Cancer drug candidates in the most advanced stage, i.e. phase III include, Bristol-Myers Squibb/Ono Pharmaceuticals.
DelveInsight's report covers around 30+ products under different phases of clinical development like
- Late stage products (Phase III)
- Mid-stage products (Phase II)
- Early-stage product (Phase I) along with the details of
- Pre-clinical and Discovery stage candidates
- Discontinued & Inactive candidates
- Route of Administration
Non Muscle Invasive Bladder Cancer pipeline report provides the therapeutic assessment of the pipeline drugs by the Route of Administration. Products have been categorized under various ROAs such as
- Molecule Type
Products have been categorized under various Molecule types such as
- Monoclonal Antibody
- Small molecule
- Gene therapy
- Product Type
Drugs have been categorized under various product types like Mono, Combination and Mono/Combination.
Non Muscle Invasive Bladder Cancer: Pipeline Development Activities
The report provides insights into different therapeutic candidates in phase II, I, preclinical and discovery stage. It also analyses Non Muscle Invasive Bladder Cancer therapeutic drugs key players involved in developing key drugs.
Pipeline Development Activities
The report covers the detailed information of collaborations, acquisition and merger, licensing along with a thorough therapeutic assessment of emerging Non Muscle Invasive Bladder Cancer drugs.
- The companies and academics are working to assess challenges and seek opportunities that could influence Non Muscle Invasive Bladder Cancer R&D. The therapies under development are focused on novel approaches to treat/improve Non Muscle Invasive Bladder Cancer.
- In July 2014, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company and Ono Pharmaceutical had signed a strategic collaboration agreement to jointly develop and commercialize multiple immunotherapies as single agents and combination regimens to help address the unmet medical needs of patients with cancer in Japan, South Korea and Taiwan.
- In April 2020, UroGen Pharma announced positive interim data analysis of UGN-102 (mitomycin) for intravesical solution in patients with low-grade intermediate risk non-muscle invasive bladder cancer (LG IR-NMIBC). These data were featured in a late-breaking abstract published in the April Supplement to The Journal of Urology. The detailed results presentation will be available online via the American Urological Association (AUA) in mid-May 2020.
Non Muscle Invasive Bladder Cancer Report Insights
- Non Muscle Invasive Bladder Cancer Pipeline Analysis
- Therapeutic Assessment
- Unmet Needs
- Impact of Drugs
Non Muscle Invasive Bladder Cancer Report Assessment
- Pipeline Product Profiles
- Therapeutic Assessment
- Pipeline Assessment
- Inactive drugs assessment
- Unmet Needs
Current Treatment Scenario and Emerging Therapies:
- How many companies are developing Non Muscle Invasive Bladder Cancer drugs?
- How many Non Muscle Invasive Bladder Cancer drugs are developed by each company?
- How many emerging drugs are in mid-stage, and late-stage of development for the treatment of Non Muscle Invasive Bladder Cancer?
- What are the key collaborations (Industry-Industry, Industry-Academia), Mergers and acquisitions, licensing activities related to the Non Muscle Invasive Bladder Cancer therapeutics?
- What are the recent trends, drug types and novel technologies developed to overcome the limitation of existing therapies?
- What are the clinical studies going on for Non Muscle Invasive Bladder Cancer and their status?
- What are the key designations that have been granted to the emerging drugs?
- Viventia Bio
- Vaxiion Therapeutics
- UroGen Pharma Ltd.
- EMD Serono
- Hoffmann-La Roche
- Theralase Inc
- Taris Biomedica
- Spectrum Pharmaceuticals
- Incyte Corporation
- Rapamycin Holding
- Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp.
- Lipac Oncology
- Jiangsu Yahong Meditech Co.,Ltd.
- Janssen Research & Development, LLC
- Hoffmann-La Roche
- Hamlet Pharma AB
- Halozyme Therapeutics
- Apices Soluciones
- FKD Therapies
- H3 Biomedicine Inc.
- CG Oncology, Inc.
- Bioniche Life Sciences Inc.
- BioCis Pharma
- Asieris Pharmaceutical
- Archivel Farma
- Altor BioScience
- APL 1202
- Inodiftagene vixteplasmid
- LiPax (paclitaxel)
- TLD 1433
- TAR 200
- ATX 101
- Bladder Cancer Program