For a long time, the cure for diabetes type 1 and type 2 has relied on agonizing insulin shots for patients or insulin infusion via mechanical pumps. Regarding this, experts have been creating artificial pancreatic beta cells with the he…
Mergers & Acquisitions in TMT - Thematic Research
If you really want to understand the themes that drive an industry, just look at the list of recent mergers and acquisitions (M&A). In part 1 of this report, we explain how disruptive themes have been driving M&A activity over the last five years. In part 2, we select the most notable M&A deals announced in the technology, media and telecoms (TMT) sector over the last five years and identify their thematic drivers. Finally, in part 3, we highlight potential acquisition targets, explaining who is likely to acquire them and why.
In 2017, the largest M&A deal announced in the TMT sector was Disney's $71bn bid for 21st Century Fox, driven by the disruptive threat of internet TV. In 2018, it was Broadcom's $121bn bid for Qualcomm, driven by 5G and the Internet of Things (IoT) - though this deal was later aborted. So far in 2019, the largest announced deal is FIS's $35bn acquisition of Worldpay, potentially kickstarting a string of fintech deals.
In 2018, the total transaction value of M&A deals announced in the global TMT sector reached $630bn, up 23% from 2017, according to GlobalData's Deals Database. As the chart below illustrates, the value of M&A in the TMT sector dwarfed that of other markets in both 2017 and 2018.
- This report provides an overview of merger and acquisitions activity in the global TMT market.
- It identifies the M&A deals announced in the TMT market over the last five years and highlights potential acquisition targets that are likely to be acquired over the next three years.
- The report provides a comprehensive sector-by-sector analysis of themes driving the key M&A deals across each sector in the past five years.
Reasons to buy
- This report provides an overview of the mergers and acquisitions in TMT market.
- It identifies the key themes driving the M&A deals in the TMT market.
- The report highlights comprehensive thematic rationales for the key M&A deals announced over the last five years.
- It also highlights companies from across the TMT sector that are likely to be acquisition targets over the next three years, as well as identifying potential acquirers.