For a long time, the cure for diabetes type 1 and type 2 has relied on agonizing insulin shots for patients or insulin infusion via mechanical pumps. Regarding this, experts have been creating artificial pancreatic beta cells with the he…
DelveInsight's, "LRRK2 inhibitor - Pipeline Insight, 2021," report provides comprehensive insights about 8+ companies and 10+ pipeline drugs in LRRK2 inhibitor pipeline landscape. It covers the pipeline drug profiles, including clinical and nonclinical stage products. It also covers the therapeutics assessment by product type, stage, route of administration, and molecule type. It further highlights the inactive pipeline products in this space.
- Global coverage
LRRK2 inhibitor Understanding
LRRK2 inhibitor: Overview
Leucine-rich repeat kinase 2 (LRRK2), also known as dardarin, is a large multidomain protein kinase that includes leucine-rich repeats and a GTPase domain. LRRK2 is a 286 kDa complex scaffolding protein containing ankyrin, leucine-rich and WD40 repeats, and a catalytic core with Ras-Of-Complex (ROC) GTPase and serine-threonine kinase activities. Mutations in leucine-rich repeat kinase 2 (LRRK2) are the major genetic cause of autosomal-dominantly inherited Parkinson's disease. Studies found that inhibiting the activity of LRRK2 kinase may benefit patients both with and without Parkinson disease-related mutation. Research and clinical development activities are going on toward the development of pharmacological inhibitors of LRRK2 kinase activity as a therapeutic intervention.
- The companies and academics are working to assess challenges and seek opportunities that could influence LRRK2 inhibitor R&D. The therapies under development are focused on novel approaches for LRRK2 inhibitor.
LRRK2 inhibitor Emerging Drugs Chapters
This segment of the LRRK2 inhibitor report encloses its detailed analysis of various drugs in different stages of clinical development, including phase II, I, preclinical and Discovery. It also helps to understand clinical trial details, expressive pharmacological action, agreements and collaborations, and the latest news and press releases.
LRRK2 inhibitor Emerging Drugs
- ION859: Ionis Pharmaceuticals
ION859 (formerly IONIS-BIIB7Rx), also known as BIIB094, is an investigational antisense medicine targeting Leucine Rich Repeat Kinase 2 (LRRK2) messenger ribonucleic acid (mRNA). It is designed to prevent the production of LRRK2 protein and is currently under Phase II clinical evaluation for Parkinson's disease (PD). It is hypothesized that reduction of LRRK2 mRNA and, subsequently, reduced synthesis of LRRK2 protein will ameliorate the toxic effects of gain-of-function mutations as well as the primary pathology in PD patients without the LRRK2 mutation.
- DNL151: Denali Therapeutics
DNL151 is a potent, selective and brain-penetrant oral small molecule inhibitor of LRRK2. It is in Phase I clinical development for Parkinson's disease. Denali Therapeutics is developing this drug in collaboration with Biogen. LRRK2 inhibitor DNL201 Phase 1b demonstrated high levels of target and pathway engagement and improvement of lysosomal biomarkers in patients with Parkinson's disease.
Further product details are provided in the report ..
LRRK2 inhibitor: Therapeutic Assessment
This segment of the report provides insights about the different LRRK2 inhibitor drugs segregated based on following parameters that define the scope of the report, such as:
- Major Players working on LRRK2 inhibitor
There are approx. 8+ key companies which are developing the LRRK2 inhibitor. The companies which have their LRRK2 inhibitor drug candidates in the most advanced stage, i.e. Phase II include, Ionis Pharmaceuticals.
DelveInsight's report covers around 10+ products under different phases of clinical development like
- Late-stage products (Phase III and
- Mid-stage products (Phase II and
- Early-stage products (Phase I/II and Phase I) along with the details of
- Pre-clinical and Discovery stage candidates
- Discontinued & Inactive candidates
- Route of Administration
LRRK2 inhibitor pipeline report provides the therapeutic assessment of the pipeline drugs by the Route of Administration. Products have been categorized under various ROAs such as
- Molecule Type
Products have been categorized under various Molecule types such as
- Monoclonal Antibody
- Small molecule
- Product Type
Drugs have been categorized under various product types like Mono, Combination and Mono/Combination.
LRRK2 inhibitor: Pipeline Development Activities
The report provides insights into different therapeutic candidates in phase II, I, preclinical and discovery stage. It also analyses LRRK2 inhibitor therapeutic drugs key players involved in developing key drugs.
Pipeline Development Activities
The report covers the detailed information of collaborations, acquisition and merger, licensing along with a thorough therapeutic assessment of emerging LRRK2 inhibitor drugs.
LRRK2 inhibitor Report Insights
- LRRK2 inhibitor Pipeline Analysis
- Therapeutic Assessment
- Unmet Needs
- Impact of Drugs
LRRK2 inhibitor Report Assessment
- Pipeline Product Profiles
- Therapeutic Assessment
- Pipeline Assessment
- Inactive drugs assessment
- Unmet Needs
Current Scenario and Emerging Therapies:
- How many companies are developing LRRK2 inhibitor drugs?
- How many LRRK2 inhibitor drugs are developed by each company?
- How many emerging drugs are in mid-stage, and late-stage of development for LRRK2 inhibitor?
- What are the key collaborations (Industry-Industry, Industry-Academia), Mergers and acquisitions, licensing activities related to the LRRK2 inhibitor therapeutics?
- What are the recent trends, drug types and novel technologies developed to overcome the limitation of existing therapies?
- What are the clinical studies going on for LRRK2 inhibitor and their status?
- What are the key designations that have been granted to the emerging drugs?
- Ionis Pharmaceuticals
- Denali Therapeutics
- E-Scape Bio
- Small molecule therapeutics