For a long time, the cure for diabetes type 1 and type 2 has relied on agonizing insulin shots for patients or insulin infusion via mechanical pumps. Regarding this, experts have been creating artificial pancreatic beta cells with the he…
Global Iron Ore Mining to 2025 - Updated with Impact of COVID-19
GlobalData's "Global Iron Ore Mining to 2025 - Updated with Impact of COVID-19" provides a comprehensive coverage on global iron ore mining industry. It provides historical and forecast data on iron ore production by country, by company, reserves by country. The report also provides an overview of the impact of COVID-19 on global iron ore mining industry. The report includes an extensive demand drivers section providing information on factors that are affecting the global iron ore industry such as steel production, and demand for green steel. Further, the section includes demand from end use industry including construction and automobile. The trade section briefs about major exporters and importers. It further profiles of major iron ore producers, information on the major active, planned and exploration projects by region.
Global iron production was 2,191.2Mt (million tonnes) in 2020, down by 3% on the previous year. On a country basis, the two largest iron ore producers Australia and Brazil had 0.2% and 2.1% falls in production respectively. Meanwhile, South Africa and India reported estimated falls of 35.2%, and 16.5% respectively in 2020. The falls across these countries were due to a range of factors including COVID-19 impact, poor weather conditions, tailing dam restrictions, and delays in the start of new mines. Rio Tinto, Vale SA, BHP, Fortescue Metals Group (FMG), and Anglo American Plc are the world's five largest iron ore producers, together accounting for 52% of the global total in 2020. Lower demand from major steel-producing countries led to an estimated 2.2% decline in iron ore consumption in 2020. In contrast, iron ore consumption in China, which accounts for more than 60% of the global total, grew by 4.4%, with steel output in the country growing by 5.7% in 2020.
- The report contains an overview of the impact of COVID-19 on global iron ore mining industry.
- It also includes key demand driving factors affecting the global iron ore mining industry including steel production, demand for green steel, demand from the construction and automobile.
- It provides detailed information on reserves, reserves by country, production, production by country, production by company, major operating mines, competitive landscape, major exploration and development projects, and major exporters and importers.
Reasons to Buy
- Comprehensive evaluation of the impact of COVID-19 on global iron ore mining industry
- To understand historical and forecast trend on global iron ore production, and consumption
- To understand the profile of the major iron ore producers and their latest developments
- To understand the increasing demand for green steel technologies
- To know about the impact of cold relation between China and Australia on the global iron ore imports
- To know about the factors affecting demand for iron ore including demand from the construction and automobile industries
- To gain an understanding on iron ore prices
- To understand about major active, development and exploration iron ore projects by regions