For a long time, the cure for diabetes type 1 and type 2 has relied on agonizing insulin shots for patients or insulin infusion via mechanical pumps. Regarding this, experts have been creating artificial pancreatic beta cells with the he…
Contrast media (or contrast agents) is a substance used to increase the contrast of structures or fluids within the body in medical imaging. Contrast agents absorb or alter external electromagnetism or ultrasound, which is different from radiopharmaceuticals, which emit radiation themselves. Contrast media, enhance the radiodensity in a target tissue or structure.
Contrast agents are commonly used to improve the visibility of blood vessels and the gastrointestinal tract.
Several types of contrast media are in use in medical imaging and they can roughly be classified based on the imaging modalities where they are used. Most common contrast agents work based on X-ray attenuation and magnetic resonance signal enhancement.
The classification of contrast media includes X-ray & CT contrast media, MRI contrast media, ultrasound contrast media, and the proportion of X-ray & CT contrast media in 2017 is about 86%.
Contrast media is widely used in hospitals and clinics. The most proportion of contrast media is used in hospitals and the revenue in 2017 is 3796 M USD.
North America is the largest consumption place, with a consumption market share nearly 32% in 2017. Following North America, Europe is the second largest consumption place with the consumption market share of 28%.
Market competition is intense. GE, Bayer, Bracco Imaging, etc. are the leaders of the industry, and they hold key technologies and patents, with high-end customers; have been formed in the monopoly position in the industry.
According to this study, over the next five years the Contrast Media (Contrast Agents) market will register a 5.0% CAGR in terms of revenue, the global market size will reach US$ 6420 million by 2024, from US$ 4790 million in 2019. In particular, this report presents the global market share (sales and revenue) of key companies in Contrast Media (Contrast Agents) business, shared in Chapter 3.
This report presents a comprehensive overview, market shares, and growth opportunities of Contrast Media (Contrast Agents) market by product type, application, key manufacturers and key regions and countries.
This study considers the Contrast Media (Contrast Agents) value and volume generated from the sales of the following segments:
Segmentation by product type: breakdown data from 2014 to 2019, in Section 2.3; and forecast to 2024 in section 11.7.
- X-ray & CT Contrast Media
- MRI Contrast Media
- Ultrasound Contrast Media
Segmentation by application: breakdown data from 2014 to 2019, in Section 2.4; and forecast to 2024 in section 11.8.
This report also splits the market by region: Breakdown data in Chapter 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8.
- - United States
- - Canada
- - Mexico
- - Brazil
- - China
- - Japan
- - Korea
- - Southeast Asia
- - India
- - Australia
- - Germany
- - France
- - UK
- - Italy
- - Russia
- - Spain
- Middle East & Africa
- - Egypt
- - South Africa
- - Israel
- - Turkey
- - GCC Countries
The report also presents the market competition landscape and a corresponding detailed analysis of the major vendor/manufacturers in the market. The key manufacturers covered in this report: Breakdown data in in Chapter 3.
- Bracco Imaging
- Guerbet Group
- Hengrui Medicine
- BeiLu Pharma
In addition, this report discusses the key drivers influencing market growth, opportunities, the challenges and the risks faced by key manufacturers and the market as a whole. It also analyzes key emerging trends and their impact on present and future development.
- To study and analyze the global Contrast Media (Contrast Agents) consumption (value & volume) by key regions/countries, product type and application, history data from 2014 to 2018, and forecast to 2024.
- To understand the structure of Contrast Media (Contrast Agents) market by identifying its various subsegments.
- Focuses on the key global Contrast Media (Contrast Agents) manufacturers, to define, describe and analyze the sales volume, value, market share, market competition landscape, SWOT analysis and development plans in next few years.
- To analyze the Contrast Media (Contrast Agents) with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and their contribution to the total market.
- To share detailed information about the key factors influencing the growth of the market (growth potential, opportunities, drivers, industry-specific challenges and risks).
- To project the consumption of Contrast Media (Contrast Agents) submarkets, with respect to key regions (along with their respective key countries).
- To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, agreements, new product launches, and acquisitions in the market.
- To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their growth strategies.