For a long time, the cure for diabetes type 1 and type 2 has relied on agonizing insulin shots for patients or insulin infusion via mechanical pumps. Regarding this, experts have been creating artificial pancreatic beta cells with the he…
Engaging with UK Financial Advisors: Trends, Concerns, and Opportunities
The UK financial advisor market is in strong shape. Typically considered a shrinking market, the number of advisors and advice firms are increasing, while average revenues are also on the up. And investor demand for advice remains strong, particularly for those approaching or in retirement. With the opportunities afforded by the 2015 pension freedoms and an aging population in need of retirement advice, growth prospects are strong for financial advisors. But there is a heavy and growing regulatory burden, which is a notable driver for those exiting the profession and the resulting high level of acquisition activity. Regulation is pushing remaining advisors to rethink their business models - whether that involves switching to restricted status, using independent financial advisor (IFA) support services, or even restructuring propositions and outsourcing investment management. This is all set against the rise of automated investment services, which is currently low on the list of advisor priorities but which the Financial Conduct Authority looks set to put firmly on the agenda in 2019.
This report is a comprehensive analysis of the UK financial advice market, with a focus on key issues affecting IFAs and their businesses. The report draws from our 2018 IFA Survey and our 2018 UK Investor Survey.
Specifically the report -
- Provides an overview of the UK IFA competitive landscape, analyzing advisor numbers, business models, and industry consolidation trends.
- Examines key demographics accessing financial advice and the reasons behind them doing so.
- Identifies the threats and opportunities for IFAs trying to expand their business.
- Analyzes the impact of Brexit and MiFID II on the UK financial advice industry.
- Examines factors influencing IFAs' choice between independent and restricted models.
- Offers insight into how product providers, including platforms and DFMs, can engage with the IFA industry.
- Overview of the UK IFA competitive landscape, analyzing advisor numbers, business models, and industry consolidation trends.
- Key demographics accessing financial advice and the reasons behind them doing so.
- Threats and Opportunities for IFAs trying to expand their business.
- Impact of Brexit and MiFID II on the UK financial advice industry.
- Factors influencing IFAs' choice between independent and restricted models.
- Insight into how product providers, including platforms and DFMs, can engage with the IFA industry.
Reasons to buy
- Understand which segments of the UK investment market offer the highest growth potential.
- Identify the main pain points of IFAs to engage with them effectively.
- Discover what is driving consolidation in the UK IFA market in order to understand how you can benefit from the trend.
- Learn how IFAs choose their partners and product providers to increase your penetration in the market.