For a long time, the cure for diabetes type 1 and type 2 has relied on agonizing insulin shots for patients or insulin infusion via mechanical pumps. Regarding this, experts have been creating artificial pancreatic beta cells with the he…
Ecuador Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report
"Ecuador: Country Intelligence Report," a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Ecuador today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2024. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile, and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
Ecuador's telecom & pay-TV services revenue will grow from $3.0 billion in 2019 to $3.1 billion by the end of 2024, at a CAGR of 1.1%, majorly due to projected revenue growth in mobile data, fixed broadband, and pay-TV segments.
Mobile data revenues will grow at the fastest CAGR of 6.9% over 2019-2024, increasing from $770.2 million in 2019 to $1.1 billion by the end of 2024. This growth will be driven by rise in data ARPS, growing consumption of mobile data services and growth in mobile Internet subscriptions over 2019-2024 period. Fixed broadband revenue will expand at the fastest CAGR of 6.2% over 2019-2024 supported by growth projected for FTTx subscriptions and increasing cable lines over the forecast period. Ecuador's pay-TV revenues will grow at a CAGR of 6.0% over 2019-2024.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Ecuador.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation, and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data, and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
- The overall telecom and pay-TV services revenue in Ecuador will grow at a CAGR of 1.1% during 2019-2024.
- Mobile revenue will account for 57.6% of the total telecom and pay-TV services revenue by 2024, driven by rise in data ARPS, growing consumption of mobile data services and growth in mobile internet subscriptions over 2019-2024 period.
- 4G will be the most adopted mobile technology across the 2019-2024 period, led by investment in network expansion by the MNOs.
- Claro dominated Ecuador's prepaid and postpaid mobile markets in terms of subscriptions during 2019.
Reasons to Buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Ecuador's telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData's Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Ecuador's mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Ecuador's telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Ecuador.