For a long time, the cure for diabetes type 1 and type 2 has relied on agonizing insulin shots for patients or insulin infusion via mechanical pumps. Regarding this, experts have been creating artificial pancreatic beta cells with the he…
"Most mobile users in EMAP use free or paid-for OTT VoIP, but operators can still address the remaining unmet demand for mobile voice, especially in rural areas."
This report focuses on aspects of Analysys Mason's Connected Consumer Survey that relate to the behaviour, preferences and plans of smartphone users in emerging Asia–Pacific (EMAP). In particular, it focuses on respondents' usage of over-the-top (OTT) communication services.
- identifies which communications apps are used the most in emerging Asia–Pacific
- highlights the pockets of growth that remain in the OTT communication market
- identifies which app features are used the most on communication apps
- discusses the ways in which consumers balance their use of OTT communications with that of traditional services
- identifies consumers’ preferred channels for communicating with brands.
Survey data coverage
The research was conducted between August and September 2020. The survey groups were chosen to be representative of the mobile-internet-using population in emerging Asia–Pacific. We set quotas on age, gender and geographical spread to that effect. There were a minimum of 1500 respondents per country.