For a long time, the cure for diabetes type 1 and type 2 has relied on agonizing insulin shots for patients or insulin infusion via mechanical pumps. Regarding this, experts have been creating artificial pancreatic beta cells with the he…
Sweetener industry hot topics in 2014:
- On 6 Jan. 2014, Shandong Bailong Chuangyuan Bio-tech Co., Ltd. released an announcement that its three products isomalto oligosaccharide, fructo oligosaccharide and maltitol, have passed the Non-GMO Identity Preserved Compliance Verification by SGS-CSTC Standards Technical Services Co., Ltd., which is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. Thanks to passing the Non-GMO Verification, Shandong Bailong has paid more attention to its export business in 2014, in order to develop a new market;
- On 2 March, 2014, the European Food Safety Authority announced that, following a request from the European Commission, it had carried out a revised exposure assessment of stevia sweetener for its use as a food additive, taking into account the proposed extension of uses for the sweetener. According to the exposure estimates, the proposed extension of use does not have an impact on the safety of stevia sweetener for European population;
- On 10 May, 2014, Shandong Longlive Bio-technology Co., Ltd. opened an online flagship store at yhd.com, a large business-to-consumer e-commerce platform in China. The store is mainly engaged in sales of end-products, including soybean milk powder that contains xylo-oligosaccharide and vinegar drink, which contains XOS as well as xylitol. The yhd.com website is the second B2C platform in China that Longlive Bio-technology has penetrated into, after the first flagship store launched at Tmall.com in Dec. 2013.
- In June 2014, China implemented Food Safety Standards on neotame, which has already issued at the end of 2013. Besides, neotame's patent that belonged to the NutraSweet Company expired at the end of 2013, which enabled more enterprises to enter the neotame market. By far, several enterprises have owned the techniques to produce neotame, and even some beverage enterprises adopted neotame to develop their own products. For example, a 200 t/a neotame project of Shandong Benyue Biological Technology Co., Ltd. passed the Environmental Impact Assessment in Aug. 2014; another 1,000 t/a neotame project of Wuhan HuaSweet Co., Ltd. was put into production in Nov. 2014, which made it become the largest neotame producer in China.
Purpose of report:
In this report, hot topics of sweetener industry have been described in detail.
What to report:
In this report, hot spots in China's sweetener industry in 2014 have been analyzed exhaustively from the following aspects:
- Content background;
- Company dynamics;
- Development trend of sweetener industry.
In the next few years, the sweetener industry in China will continue to be promising. On the whole, it's worth investing in it.