For a long time, the cure for diabetes type 1 and type 2 has relied on agonizing insulin shots for patients or insulin infusion via mechanical pumps. Regarding this, experts have been creating artificial pancreatic beta cells with the he…
America Movil, S.A.B. de C.V. - Enterprise Tech Ecosystem Series
America Movil SAB DE CV (America Movil) is a provider of telecommunications services. The company wireless voice, wireless data and value-added services, fixed voice, fixed data, broadband and IT services, pay TV, and over-the-top (OTT) services. The company markets video, audio, and other media content through the internet directly from the content provider to the viewer. It also markets mobile handsets, computer accessories, and other telecommunications equipment. The company provides its services under several brands, including Telcel, Telmex Infinitum, TracFone, A1, and Straight Talk. It has business presence in Mexico, Brazil, Colombia, Andean Region, Europe, the Caribbean, the US, Central America, and southernmost areas of South America. America Movil is headquartered in Mexico City, Mexico.
America Movil continues to invest in enhancing its existing infrastructure and adopting new technologies to achieve sustainable growth. In February 2021, America Movil stated to invest US$8 billion throughout the year to enhance its network infrastructure and acquire 5G spectrum in Brazil, Colombia, and the Dominican Republic.
America Movil, through its subsidiaries, is partnering with technology companies, including Microsoft and Amdocs, to accelerate the group's digital transformation journey. For instance, Telmex and Telcel collaborated with Microsoft to digitalize their processes and systems and leverage AI technology to deliver benefits and efficiencies to the mobile operators' end users.
The report provides information and insights into America Movil's tech activities, including -
- Insights of its digital transformation strategies
- Overview of technology initiatives covering partnerships, product launches and acquisitions
- Insights on each technology initiative including technology theme, objective, and benefits
- Details of estimated ICT budgets and major ICT contracts
- America Movil, through its subsidiaries, is partnering with technology companies, including Microsoft and Amdocs, to accelerate the group's digital transformation journey. For instance, Telmex and Telcel collaborated with Microsoft to digitalize their processes and systems and leverage AI technology to deliver benefits and efficiencies to the mobile operators' end users.
- In March 2021, Claro obtained authorization from Peru's Ministry of Transport and Communication (MTC) to introduce 5G in the regions. Consequently, Claro will deploy 5G fixed wireless services within the assigned spectrum of 3.5GHz, across 111 provinces in Peru. Further, MTC plans to provide the operator with additional spectrum in 2022.
- In June 2021, Embratel, a part of Claro (America Movil) partnered with Netcracker Technology to leverage latter's cloud enabled Netcracker Digital BSS including Configure Price Quote and Product Catalog to support its B2B transformation program for offering better customer experience and new enterprises services.
- America Movil, through Telcel, partnered with GlobeX Data Limited, a Swiss hosted secure communications and secure data management provider, to integrate latter's SekurMessenger, a Swiss hosted messaging security and privacy solution, into its billing and provisioning platform.
Reasons to Buy
- Gain insights into America Movil's tech operations.
- Gain insights into its tech strategies and innovation initiatives.
- Gain insights into its technology themes under focus.
- Gain insights into various product launches and partnership strategies.