For a long time, the cure for diabetes type 1 and type 2 has relied on agonizing insulin shots for patients or insulin infusion via mechanical pumps. Regarding this, experts have been creating artificial pancreatic beta cells with the he…
Airlines Sector Scorecard - Thematic Research
The airline industry has become competitive and is expected to become more competitive in a post-COVID world with consolidation expected to occur. COVID-19, technology, and ESG concerns place pressure on carriers to invest, implement change, and fit the needs of the travelers of tomorrow. Without significant investment failures are inevitable. The thematic screen of GlobalData's airlines sector scorecard is dominated by three European low-cost carriers: Ryanair Holdings, easyJet, and Wizz Air.
- Technology will reshape the airline industry over the coming years creating more digitally focused carriers.
- With digital adoption high amongst the general population during the pandemic, airlines are taking the opportunity to become more technology-led. High investment is likely to occur in this space.
- ESG has become an ever more important theme for airlines and action must occur immediately. Pressure on the industry to reduce its impact, especially on the environment has spurred carriers to invest now.
- The competitive landscape in the airline sector is expected to change in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. Consolidation is expected to occur with some of the larger, more financially stable carriers expanding.
- This sector scorecard provides a top-down, comprehensive outlook for the key players in the airlines sector over the next two years, based on the key themes set to transform their industry landscape.
- The key themes covered within this report are artificial intelligence, big data, cloud, 5G, cybersecurity, M&A, ESG, COVID-19, low cost evolution, virtual and augmented reality.
Reasons to Buy
- Companies that invest in the right themes become success stories; those that miss the big themes end up as failures. Given that so many themes are disruptive, it is very easy to be blindsided by industry outsiders that invade your sector.
- To help our clients gain a competitive advantage, we have developed GlobalData's thematic research ecosystem. This single, integrated global research platform provides an easy-to-use framework for tracking all themes across all companies in all sectors.
- This report is a sector scorecard, which identifies those companies most likely to succeed in a world filled with disruptive threats.