For a long time, the cure for diabetes type 1 and type 2 has relied on agonizing insulin shots for patients or insulin infusion via mechanical pumps. Regarding this, experts have been creating artificial pancreatic beta cells with the he…
Winning and retaining business in the mining equipment sector in Asia-Pacific, 2016 - a survey of key buyers and decision-makers
This report provides a detailed analysis of customer preferences throughout the Asia-Pacific mining sector, focusing on the factors that influence purchasing decisions and the performance of major equipment suppliers in the region. The analysis is based on GlobalData's extensive survey of over 110 senior decision makers.
Areas of analysis include -
- Customer satisfaction ratings on the performance of their main equipment supplier across 16 categories. Identifying which areas of business suppliers are excelling and which suppliers are out-performing the competition.
- Identify which factors influence the decision making process for choosing an equipment supplier.
- Analysis of the major suppliers, namely Caterpillar, Komatsu, Sandvik, and Atlas Copco, including their performance ratings compared to the overall average.
- Rankings of the leading suppliers for each equipment type, with respondents indicating who they viewed as the top suppliers throughout Asia for trucks, excavators, loaders, shovels, dozers, drills, continuous miners, engines, tires, pumps.
- Insight into the likelihood of switching supplier, and the median perceived lifespan, in years, for select mining equipment.
- Key action points for suppliers for product and service improvements, highlighted by their customers.
- The report is based on responses from a survey of over 110 senior decision makers at operating Asia-Pacific mines, responsible for the purchase of equipment for plant and mine operations, along with its consumables. Survey respondents represented 8 different countries including: India, Indonesia and the Philippines. This included four different commodity groups and a range of surface and underground mining operations.
Reasons to buy
- Identify key areas for differentiation by understanding what factors most influence choice of supplier
- Target product and service improvement areas based on where mining equipment suppliers are currently underperforming relative to customer expectations
- Develop successful sales and marketing strategies through an understanding of the leading competitors and their strengths and weaknesses.