For a long time, the cure for diabetes type 1 and type 2 has relied on agonizing insulin shots for patients or insulin infusion via mechanical pumps. Regarding this, experts have been creating artificial pancreatic beta cells with the he…
Increasing consumer demand for novel and innovative products and the increasing participation of women in the workforce are driving demand for convenient on-the-go food options in the country. United Arab Emirate (UAE) Bakery & Cereals market registered growth at a CAGR of 7.5% during 2011-2016. Consequently, the market is forecast to register growth at a CAGR of 6.4% during 2016-2021 and is expected to be worth US$1,357.8 Million by 2021.
UAE Bakery & Cereals market is led by the Bread & Rolls and Cookies (Sweet Biscuits) categories in value terms, which grew at a CAGR of 8.2% and 6.1%, respectively, during 2011-2016 and are expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.9% and 5.4%, respectively, in the next five years. The Breakfast Cereals category is forecast to remain the fastest-growing. It grew at a CAGR of 8.7% during 2011-2016 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.2% during the forecast period (2016-2021). On the other hand, Energy Bars is expected to register the slowest growth at a CAGR of 5.1% during the same period.
Bread & Rolls will continue as the top category in the sector, and is expected to be the second fastest-growing category within Bakery & Cereals, with 6.9% CAGR between 2016 and 2021. By contrast, Cookies (Sweet Biscuits) is expected to grow much slower, at a CAGR of 5.4% in value terms. It will remain as the second biggest category, but the unhealthy halo related to this category has affected its growth, being the second slowest-growing category within the Bakery & Cereals market.
Breakfast Cereals is set to register the fastest growth both in value and volume terms, with an expected CAGR of 7.2% and 6.3%, respectively, between 2016 and 2021. Consumers' search for natural products is leading growth in this category, which is perceived by consumers as healthy and energy-boosting.
The report "Top Growth Opportunities: Bakery & Cereals in the UAE", identifies the key demographic groups driving consumption, and what motivates their consumption. When combined with an in-depth study of market and category dynamics, readers are able to identify key opportunities, and what they need to do in order to target them. The report uses a unique method of quantifying consumer trends to highlight the degree of influence they have on consumption within the category.
In particular, this report provides the following -
- Key consumer demographic groups driving consumption within the UAE market. The figures showcase the number of times consumers of specific ages and gender consume Bakery & Cereals, as well as identifying whether these demographic groups "over" consume in the category (i.e. they account for a higher proportion of occasions than the proportion of society they represent overall).
- A study of market value and volumes over 2011-2016 for UAE, supplemented with category, brand and packaging analysis that shows the current state of the market, and how it will evolve over the 2016-2021 period.
- The degree of influence that the 20 key consumer trends identified by GlobalData have on Bakery & Cereals consumption volumes, with granular analysis on the extent that degree of influences varies between gender and age group.
- Insight into the implications behind the data, and analysis of how the consumer needs will evolve in the short-to-medium term future.
Companies mentioned in this report: Golden Loaf Est, Britannia, capricorn Bakery Llc, IFFCO, The Kellogg Company, Almarai, United Biscuits, Campbells Soup Company, Modern Bakery LLC, General Mills, Inc.
- The UAE has a strong economy with a high per capita income. This is due to increased spending on job creation and infrastructure expansion, which is opening up utilities to greater private sector involvement.
- Increasing consumer demand for novel and innovative products, and the increasing participation of women in the workforce are driving demand for convenient on-the-go food options in the country.
- Some premiumization was seen in the fastest-growing categories of Bread & Rolls and Breakfast Cereals.
- The positive growth experienced in the UAE Bakery & Cereals sector is expected to attract more international brands to this market.
Reasons to buy
- This report brings together consumer analysis and market data to provide actionable insight into the behavior of UAE's Bakery & Cereals consumers.
- This is based on GlobalData's unique consumer data, developed from extensive consumption surveys and consumer group tracking, which quantifies the influence of 20 consumption motivations in the Bakery & Cereals sector.
- Category, brand, and packaging dynamics are also examined. This allows product and marketing strategies to be better aligned with the leading trends in the market.