Fiber optic connectors are a substantial fragment of the global telecommunication industry. Optical fibers are joined using fiber optic connectors, which allow the light conduction between two consecutive optical fibers. An additional im…
Service Station Retailing in Turkey 2017: Market and competitor data and insights into fuel, c-store and car wash offerings
Total fuel consumption in Turkey increased by 15.6% in 2016 compared to the previous year. Volume sales of petrol increased in 2016 by 3.3%. The Diesel consumption increased by 26% to about 16,623 Million liters. Fuel prices began to increase in Turkey and in Europe, the price of petrol in 2016 rose by 22.3%, and diesel prices grew by 27.0%.
In Turkey fuel consumption is expected to significantly rise towards 2022 as motorists invest in vehicles and vehicle parc levels increase over this period. The value of fuel sales has declined annually since 2012, but it broke this trend in 2016, rising by 49.0% to 33,194m.
As of 2016, 49.4% of service stations in Turkey featured a shop. The total number of service stations with a shop declined by 6.9%. The top five fuel retailers in Turkey accounted for 71.5% of the number of service station shops in the country. Petrol Ofisi is the leading player in the service station shop market, with all of its 1,709 sites featuring a shop. 26.6% of all service station sites with a shop are Petrol Ofisi branded.
43.0% of service stations in Turkey feature a car wash. The total number of service stations with a car wash in Turkey rose by 7.3% to 5,578 sites as retailers started to invest in these facilities. Opet has the largest number of service stations with a car wash in the country, at 1,044 sites, amounting to 18.7% of the national network.
In 2016, two of the top five fuel retailers, expanded their service station networks. The total number of service stations in Turkey increased by 0.8% in 2016. The top five fuel retailers -Petrol Ofisi, Opet, Shell (Shell & Turcas Petrol), BP and TPPD accounted for 41.3% of service stations in Turkey in 2016.
The report "Service Station Retailing in Turkey 2017", provides an executive-level overview of the Turkish service station market today, with values and volumes up to 2017. It delivers quantitative and qualitative insight into the fuel market, based on in depth interviews with major fuel operators across Europe and proprietary data from our service station retail databases. It provides: National Fuel Volumes and Values. Breakdown of the top five fuel retailers shop, car wash, company owned motorway and unmanned sites.
Companies mentioned in this report: Petrol Ofisi, Opet, Shell, BP, Akpet, TOTAL.
- Total fuel consumption in Turkey increased by 15.6% in 2016 compared to the previous year.
- Petrol Ofisi has the largest service station network, at 1,709 sites, amounting to 13.2% of the national network.
- The top five fuel retailers in Turkey accounted for 71.5% of the number of service station shops in the country.
- The total number of service stations with a car wash in Turkey rose by 7.3% to 5,578 sites as retailers started to invest in these facilities.
Reasons to buy
- Identify who are the top five players in Turkey and how many fuel outlets, motorway & unmanned sites, shops & car wash they have.
- Plan effect market strategies by uncovering market share and average fuel throughput per site of the top five players in the market.
- Understand how the service station network evolving and which players are opening new outlets as well as increasing forecourt shops and car washes.
- Identify what strategies the key players have across their fuel and non- fuel offerings in terms of products sold, branding, promotions, partnerships and suppliers used.