Consumer durables is a cataloguing of consumer goods that are not essential to be bought very often as they are fashioned in a way so as to last for an extended period of time. Profits in the consumer durables sector were most profoundly…
The market for financial products in Italy is less concentrated than in other countries. With the exception of Intesa Sanpaolo and UniCredit, few providers have a significant market share. Across all products, the branch is still the key acquisition channel, although online is making inroads in the savings market. Mobile banking is still in its infancy, although a few providers are introducing mobile onboarding, and high smartphone ownership rates bode well for future adoption.
- Every one of the main current account providers in Italy - barring ING - has a negative NPS rating, with BNP Paribas and UniCredit the weakest performers.
- Only around half the proportion of post-families use mobile on a weekly basis compared to other segments.
- Consumers are concerned with being treated honestly by the brands they use, as well as using companies that have established track records.
“Retail Banking Country Snapshot: Italy 2016” reviews the retail banking sector in Italy, with a particular focus on the current account, savings, mortgage, and personal loans markets. It includes both market-level data and insight from our global Retail Banking Insight Survey.
The report offers insight into:
- How consumers in Italy take out and use their financial products, and how this has changed in recent years.
- Which providers dominate the current account, savings, mortgage, and loan markets, and what factors persuaded their customers to choose them.
- The extent to which consumers are using online and mobile channels to research, take out, and use their financial products.
Reasons To Buy
- Future proof your strategy with market sizing, forecasts, and analysis of key developments currently affecting the Italian retail banking sector.
- Target consumers with inside knowledge of their true behaviors and attitudes, with detailed analysis from our proprietary insight.
- Learn about the impact new entrants and distribution channels will have on the market.
- Intesa Sanpaulo
- BNP Paribas
- Monte dei Paschi di Siena
- Banco Popolare
- Banca Mediolanum
- UBI Banca