Fiber optic connectors are a substantial fragment of the global telecommunication industry. Optical fibers are joined using fiber optic connectors, which allow the light conduction between two consecutive optical fibers. An additional im…
Timetric's 'Reinsurance in the Philippines, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2020' report provides detailed analysis of the market trends, drivers and challenges in the Philippine reinsurance segment.
It provides values for key performance indicators such as written premium, reinsurance ceded and reinsurance accepted during the review period (2011-2015) and forecast period (2015-2020).
The report also analyses information pertaining to the competitive landscape in the country, gives a comprehensive overview of the Philippine economy and demographics, and provides detailed analysis of natural hazards and their impact on the Philippine insurance industry.
The report brings together Timetric's research, modeling and analysis expertise to enable reinsurers to identify segment dynamics and competitive advantages, and access profiles of reinsurers operating in the country.
Timetric's 'Reinsurance in the Philippines, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2020' report provides in-depth market analysis, information and insights into the Philippine reinsurance segment, including:
- An outlook of the Philippine reinsurance segment
- A comprehensive overview of the Philippine economy and demographics
- Detailed analysis of natural hazards and their impact on the Philippine insurance industry
- The competitive landscape in the Philippine reinsurance segment
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the reinsurance segment in the Philippines:
- It provides historical values for the Philippine reinsurance segment for the report's 2011-2015 review period, and projected figures for the 2015-2020 forecast period.
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key categories in the Philippine reinsurance segment, and market forecasts to 2020.
- It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance ceded from various direct insurance segments in the Philippines, and the reinsurance segment's growth prospects.
- It analyzes various natural hazards and their impact on the Philippine insurance industry
Reasons to buy
- Make strategic business decisions using in-depth historic and forecast market data related to the Philippine reinsurance segment, and each category within it.
- Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities in the Philippine reinsurance segment.
- Identify growth opportunities and market dynamics in key product categories.
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Philippine insurance industry, and their impact on companies and the industry's future.
- The premium accepted by the Philippine reinsurance segment decreased at a review-period CAGR of -8.7%.
- PhilNaRe is the country's sole reinsurer. According to Presidential Decree No. 1270 of 1977, all insurers operating in the Philippines must cede 10% of their foreign outward reinsurance business to PhilNaRe.
- The government is considering the establishment of a disaster insurance pool to cover residential properties and SMEs against typhoons, earthquakes, floods and storms.
- The country is highly prone to natural disasters, which keeps reinsurance demand afloat; the country was ranked fourth in this respect, according to the United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction.