For a long time, the cure for diabetes type 1 and type 2 has relied on agonizing insulin shots for patients or insulin infusion via mechanical pumps. Regarding this, experts have been creating artificial pancreatic beta cells with the he…
Opportunities in the Global Meat Sector: Analysis of Opportunities Offered by High Growth Economies
Global Meat sector was valued at US$909.3 Billion in 2016 and is forecast to record a CAGR of 2.4% during 2016-2021 to reach US$1 Trillion by 2021. Asia-Pacific represents the largest regional market, with a value share of 31% in the global Meat sector in 2016. The region is also forecast to record the fastest CAGR of 3.8% during 2016-2021. Improving worldwide economies and rising consumption of Meat from an expanding global population, will continue to be major drivers for the global Meat sector. Fresh Meat (Counter) represented the largest market with a value share of 41.3% in 2016.
The value share of the global Meat sector as a percentage of the overall food industry will witness decline during 2011-2021, despite growth in absolute terms. This trend is largely attributed to health and environmental reasons, which are expected to shift consumer preference towards more healthy but inexpensive poultry meat and plant-based diets. Additionally, challenging economic conditions in regions, such as Latin America and Middle East & Africa will force consumers to look for value offerings and cheaper cuts of Meat.
A total of 50 countries were analyzed for this study, of which 10 high potential countries were identified. The US represented the single largest market for Meat with a 22.4% share of global value sales in 2016. China emerged as one of the fastest-growing markets for Meat with a projected CAGR of 4.2% during 2016-2021. Based on multiple metrics, including market size and growth assessment, economic development indicators, socio-demographic factors, governance indicators, and technological infrastructure, other high potential countries identified for 2016-2021 include Brazil, Argentina, Austria, France, Mexico, Poland, Russia, and the Philippines.
Hypermarkets & Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel for the global Meat sector, with a value share of 62.1% in 2016, followed by Food & Drinks Specialists with 28% share. The dominating share of Hypermarkets & Supermarkets across the regions can be attributed to the developed organized retail market in major countries, where most of the consumers prefer to buy packaged and fresh meat products from Hypermarkets & Supermarkets.
The report "Opportunities in the Global Meat Sector: Analysis of Opportunities Offered by High Growth Economies" brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the global Meat sector.
It includes analysis on the following -
- Sector overview: Provides an overview of current sector scenario regarding the future outlook in terms of ingredients, product claims, labeling, and packaging. The analysis also covers regional overview across six regions Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa, North America, Latin America, Western Europe, and Eastern Europe highlighting sector size, growth drivers, latest developments, and future inhibitors for the region.
- Change in consumption: Provides a shift in the consumption of Meat as compared to other major sectors such as Prepared Meals, Savory Snacks, Bakery & Cereals, and Dairy Foods during 2011-2021 at global and regional level.
- High potential countries: Provides Risk-Reward analysis of 50 countries across six regions based on market assessment, economic development, socio-demographic, governance indicators, and technological infrastructure. Out of 50, a total of 10 high potential countries are shortlisted.
- Country and regional analysis: Provides deep-dive analysis of 10 high potential countries covering value growth during 2016-2021, key challenges, consumer demographics, and key trends. It also includes regional analysis covering new product launches in the primary countries and future outlook for the region.
- Health & Wellness analysis: Provides insights on the Health & Wellness products in terms of value and percentage share in the overall Meat sector at global and regional level during 2011-2021. The analysis includes key Health & Wellness attributes and consumer benefits driving the sales of Meat products across the six regions in 2016. It also covers the market share of leading companies offering Meat products with health and wellness attributes in the same year.
- Competitive landscape: Provides an overview of leading brands at global and regional level, besides analyzing the product profile, country level presence, market share, and growth of private labels in each region.
- Key distribution channels: Provides analysis on the leading distribution channels in the global Meat sector in 2016. It covers four distribution channels: Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food & Drinks Specialists, and Others, which includes Cash & Carries and Warehouse Clubs, Dollar Stores', Department Stores, e-Retailers, and General retailers.
- Preferred packaging formats: The report provides percentage share (in 2016) and growth analysis (during 2011-2021) for various packaging materials, containers, closures, and outer types based on the volume sales (by pack units) of Meat products.
Companies mentioned in this report: Henan Shuanghui Investment and Development Company, WH Group Ltd., Hormel Foods Corporation, Butterball, Brasil Foods, Itoham Foods Inc., by Inner Mongolia Prairie Xingfa Food Co., Ltd, NH Foods Ltd., Duox, Faragalla Group, Aytab, Al-Watania Poultry, Tyson Foods, Inc., Seara Group, Aurora Alimentos Ltda., JBS S.A., Yasar Holding.
- Global Meat sector: Improving global economy supports growth in packaged Meat sector worldwide
- Drivers for a shift in consumption patterns: Health and environmental concerns will impact the value share of Meat in the food industry
- Asia-Pacific: The region is is forecast to be the largest and fastest-growing market for the global Meat sector in value terms
- In Latin America, Stable herd production will keep up the demand for Meat products
- Eastern Europe: Busy lifestyles spur interest in convenient formats of Meat products
- Hypermarkets & Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in the global Meat sector
- Film is the most commonly used closure type in the global Meat sector
Reasons to buy
- Identify high potential markets and explore further opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Meat products consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Access to analysis on products launched in the market with Case Examples/Success Stories
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion