Opportunities in the Global Confectionery Sector: Analysis of Opportunities Offered by High Growth Economies
Global Confectionery sector was valued at US$156.4 billion in 2016 and is forecast to record a CAGR of 4.6% during 2016-2021 to reach US$195.8 billion by 2021. Western Europe represented the largest market for the global Confectionery sector with a value share of 29.6% in 2016. Meanwhile, Asia-Pacific is forecast to record the fastest CAGR of 7.2% during 2016-2021 and surpass North America to become the second largest market globally by 2021. A growing population, rising urbanization rate, and improving economy will remain the primary macroeconomic factors driving the sector globally. Chocolate represented the largest market in the sector with a value share of 55.5% in 2016. Given that Confectionery purchase is often impulsive-driven by the desire for an indulgent treat, demand is likely to remain strong in the coming years.
Confectionery sector is forecast to register an increasing share in the global food industry during 2011-2021. All the regions except Latin America are forecast gain share in Confectionery sector, driven by the growing population, rising disposable income, and expanding retail industry. The increasingly hectic and busy lifestyles of consumers globally mean that they are turning to indulgent Confectionery products as a way to relax and unwind on a regular basis.
The top 10 high potential countries included China, Japan, Saudi Arabia, the US, Mexico, Brazil, Spain, Germany, Russia, and Poland. The US is set to continue leading the global Confectionery sector, while China is forecast to record the fastest growth globally during 2016-2021. Russia is set to emerge as the fastest-growing market for Confectionery in the Eastern European region with a CAGR of 5.5% during 2016-2021. Brazil represented the largest market in Latin America, accounting for 74.1% of total value sales, while Saudi Arabia represented the largest market with 33.6% value share in the Middle East & Africa region.
Confectionery products with Health & Wellness attributes accounted for 15.8% of the overall global sector sales in 2016, a slight increase over 15.7% in 2011. Free From' represented the most prominent Health & Wellness product attribute across all regions while Health Management' was the most common benefit demanded by consumers across all regions.
Hypermarkets & Supermarkets was the leading distribution channel for the global Confectionery sector, with a value share of 42.3% in 2016, followed by Convenience Stores with a 30.4% share. Hypermarkets & Supermarkets channel sales led the distribution of Confectionery in Middle East & Africa, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, and North America while Convenience Stores channel sales led in Asia-Pacific and Latin America.
The report "Opportunities in the Global Confectionery Sector: Analysis of Opportunities Offered by High Growth Economies" provide a comprehensive overview of the global Confectionery sector.
Specifically this report provides the following analysis -
- Provides an overview of current sector scenario regarding the future outlook in terms of ingredients, product claims, labeling, and packaging. The analysis also covers regional overview across six regions - Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa, North America, Latin America, Western Europe, and Eastern Europe - highlighting sector size, growth drivers, latest developments, and future inhibitors for the region.
- Provides a shift in the consumption of Confectionery compared to other major sectors such as Bakery & Cereals, Savory Snacks, Dairy & Soy Food, and Ice Cream during 2011-2021 at global and regional level.
- Provides Risk-Reward analysis of top four high potential countries by region, based on market assessment, economic development, socio-demographic, governance indicators, and technological infrastructure.
- Provides deep-dive analysis of 10 high potential countries covering value growth during 2016-2021, key challenges, consumer demographics, and key trends. It also includes regional analysis covering future outlook for the region.
- Provides insights on the Health & Wellness products in terms of value and percentage share in the overall Confectionery sector at global and regional level during 2011-2021. The analysis includes key Health & Wellness attributes and consumer benefits driving the sales of Confectionery products across the six regions in 2016. It also covers the market share of leading companies offering Confectionery products with Health & Wellness attributes in the same year.
- Provides analysis on the leading distribution channels in the global Confectionery sector in 2016. It covers four distribution channels: Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food & Drinks Specialists, and Others, which includes Cash & Carries and Warehouse Clubs, Dollar Stores', Department Stores, e-Retailers, and General retailers.
- Provides an overview of leading brands at global and regional level, besides analyzing the product profile, country level presence, market share, and growth of private labels in each region.
Companies mentioned in this report: Mars Inc, Mondelez International, Nestle, Lotte Co., Perfetti Van Melle, Meiji Holdings Co, Ezaki Glico, Morinaga & Co., Ferrero, Halwani Bros, The Hershey Company, Chocoladefabriken Lindt & Sprüngli, Grupo Bimbo, Grupo Arcor, Haribo GmbH & Co. KG, United Confectioner, Colian sp. z o.o.
- The report provides an overview of global and regional markets covering - Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa, North America, Latin America, Western Europe, and Eastern Europe - highlighting sector size, growth drivers, latest developments, and future inhibitors for the region.
- It also identifies top ten high potential countries and provides deep dive analysis of top two countries in each region.
- The report draws on the sector data by analyzing key distribution channels for Confectionery in the global market.
- Sector data is also used for studying the level of competition in the sector by identifying the top brands at a global and regional level with insights on sector shares of private label products.
- The report also includes insights on Health & Wellness products in terms of value and percentage share in the overall Confectionery sector at global and regional level during 2011-2021.
Reasons to buy
- To have a thorough fact based analysis with information about the global Confectionery sector across the six regions in value terms and the underlying factors that are driving the sales
- To gain confidence to make the correct business decisions based on a detailed analysis of the global Confectionery sector and to identify high potential countries over the next 5 years
- The analysts have placed a significant emphasis on the mega trends that drive consumer choice and will provide a clear picture about the future opportunities that can be explored across the region, resulting in revenue expansion
- To gain competitive intelligence about leading brands in the Confectionery sector at global and regional level with information about their sector share, business descriptions and product profiles.