Consumer durables is a cataloguing of consumer goods that are not essential to be bought very often as they are fashioned in a way so as to last for an extended period of time. Profits in the consumer durables sector were most profoundly…
This report presents the findings from a survey of 153 French enterprises regarding their Information and Communication Technology (ICT) investment priorities. The survey investigates the core technologies which French enterprises are investing in, including the likes of enterprise applications, security, mobility, communications and collaboration, and Cloud Computing.
Introduction and Landscape
Why was the report written?
In order to provide deeper insights into French enterprises'' ICT investment priorities and strategic objectives.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
Although investment in core technologies has been the top priority in recent times, this trend is anticipated to change in the next two years.
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
More French enterprises are expected to shift their focus from core technologies to virtualized and cloud infrastructure in order to reduce cost, increase sustainability, enhance business efficiency, and gain hassle free services.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
Kable Global ICT Intelligence has invested significant resources in order to interview CIOs and IT managers about their IT investment priorities. Very few IT analyst houses will have interviewed 150+ ICT decision makers in the French market in H2 2012.
Key Features and Benefits
- Recognize French enterprises'' strategic objectives with regards to their ICT investments.
- Identify French enterprises'' investment priorities based on their budget allocations across core technology categories such as enterprise applications, security, mobility, communications and collaboration, and Cloud Computing, etc.
- Learn about the drivers that are influencing French enterprises'' investments in each technology category.
- Establish how French enterprises'' ICT budgets are currently allocated across various segments within a technology category.
- Gain insight into how French enterprises plan to change their ICT budget allocations across various segments within a technology category.
Key Market Issues
- Kable''s survey of ICT leaders finds that IT security and data privacy is the highest priority among the IT management across all French enterprises, with the highest average rating of X on a scale of 1 to 4.
- With green IT gaining prominence, CIOs are trying to modify the ICT infrastructures of their organizations by leveraging new optimized technologies such as virtualization, cloud computing, and grid computing.
- In the next two years, the trend of prioritizing investment in core business applications is anticipated to remain unchanged in France as enterprises are planning to continue their focus on financials and HR management applications.
- Mobility tends to be the area of relatively lower priority amongst enterprises in France, compared to the other core technology areas. The primary reason behind this could be the difficult business conditions accompanied by several IT security challenges.
- X% of the survey respondents in France has invested in BI technologies as they focus on achieving competitive advantage and revenue growth. BI enables organizations to improve their decision making capabilities within fairly quick time frames, thereby increasing business agility and improving operational efficiency.
- Identity and access management (IAM) currently has the highest penetration rate (X%) in the French market, followed by database security (X%), application security (X%), and network security (X%) solutions.
- Kable''s recent survey finds that most French organizations recognize the importance of communications and collaboration, which is evident from the fact that X% of respondents have already deployed communications and collaboration systems.
- Systems and network management and database management are expected to bring in higher investments from French enterprises with X% and X% of respondents intending to invest in these technologies respectively, in the next two years.
- Although Kable''s survey indicates that the priority of cloud computing is lower relative to other technologies in France, X% of enterprises respond that they have been investing in some form of cloud technology. The adoption of cloud technologies in the French market is on the rise as it is gaining prominence in both the private and public sectors.
- Despite persisting uncertainties surrounding the growth hopes in Europe, a vast majority of the respondents (about X%) from Kable''s H2 2012 survey have expressed their desire to increase their ICT budget in 2013.