For a long time, the cure for diabetes type 1 and type 2 has relied on agonizing insulin shots for patients or insulin infusion via mechanical pumps. Regarding this, experts have been creating artificial pancreatic beta cells with the he…
Zinc borate, also known to be borate of zinc is an inorganic compound. The material comes in white crystalline color or in form of amorphous powder that is unsolvable in water. Moreover, the compound's toxicity is usually low and has a melting point of about 980 °C.
In the chemistry field, zinc borate is referred to as an inorganic compound (a borate of zinc). This chemical compound has different variations due to the ration of zinc/boron and the water content in it. The forms include 2ZnO3 B2O33.5H2O, 2ZnO3 B2O3, 4ZnOB2O3H2O), 4ZnO6B2O37H2O, 2ZnO2B2O33H2O.
Among those types, 2ZnO3 B2O33.5H2O is the most widely used one.
Zinc borate is primarily used in plastics and cellulose fibers, paper, rubbers and the textiles industry because of its flame retardant feature. Also, it is a useful smoke suppressant in the plastic and rubber industry. Due to its distinctive performance, it can also be found in other fields, such as fertilizer, painting, adhesive and so on. Among those applications, function as flame retardant/smoke suppressant holds the largest market share in zinc borate applications, which was 89.12% in 2015.
North America, Europe and China are the major production base of zinc borate. The three regions contributed about 87.69% share in the global production market in 2015. In addition, North America is the largest production base for the time being, of which production reached to 30803 MT in 2015. The industry is relatively concentrated. Borax, Chemtura, Wuwei Industrial,Societa Chimica Larderello and so on are the leading giants in the zinc borate market.
As for consumption, North America, Europe and China are the major consumers as well. Industries, such as plastics, rubber, provide sufficient support for the development of zinc borate. In 2015, North America, Europe and China consumed about 29221MT, 14908MT and 18736 MT respectively, with a total share of 81.97% in the consumption market.
Although there are some alternatives of zinc borate in the flame retardant field, due to its own characteristics, zinc borate still has a rigid demand in some field. Market insiders think the market of zinc borate will keep growing in the coming years. Whereas, considering the fierce completion caused by alternatives and the various zinc borate manufacturers, the market is estimated to face uncertainties as well, such as price fluctuations.
According to this study, over the next five years the Zinc Borate market will register a 2.3% CAGR in terms of revenue, the global market size will reach US$ 11 million by 2024, from US$ 10 million in 2019. In particular, this report presents the global market share (sales and revenue) of key companies in Zinc Borate business, shared in Chapter 3.
This report presents a comprehensive overview, market shares, and growth opportunities of Zinc Borate market by product type, application, key manufacturers and key regions and countries.
This study considers the Zinc Borate value and volume generated from the sales of the following segments:
Segmentation by product type: breakdown data from 2014 to 2019, in Section 2.3; and forecast to 2024 in section 11.7.
- 2ZnO3 B2O33.5H2O
- 2ZnO3 B2O3
Segmentation by application: breakdown data from 2014 to 2019, in Section 2.4; and forecast to 2024 in section 11.8.
- Flame Retardant
- Compound Formulation
This report also splits the market by region: Breakdown data in Chapter 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8.
- - United States
- - Canada
- - Mexico
- - Brazil
- - China
- - Japan
- - Korea
- - Southeast Asia
- - India
- - Australia
- - Germany
- - France
- - UK
- - Italy
- - Russia
- - Spain
- Middle East & Africa
- - Egypt
- - South Africa
- - Israel
- - Turkey
- - GCC Countries
The report also presents the market competition landscape and a corresponding detailed analysis of the major vendor/manufacturers in the market. The key manufacturers covered in this report: Breakdown data in in Chapter 3.
- Wuwei Industrial
- Societa Chimica Larderello
- Wallace FR
- Taixing Fine Chemicals
- Shandong Bio
- Enter Chemical
- Sakai Chemical
- Lida Chemical
In addition, this report discusses the key drivers influencing market growth, opportunities, the challenges and the risks faced by key manufacturers and the market as a whole. It also analyzes key emerging trends and their impact on present and future development.
- To study and analyze the global Zinc Borate consumption (value & volume) by key regions/countries, product type and application, history data from 2014 to 2018, and forecast to 2024.
- To understand the structure of Zinc Borate market by identifying its various subsegments.
- Focuses on the key global Zinc Borate manufacturers, to define, describe and analyze the sales volume, value, market share, market competition landscape, SWOT analysis and development plans in next few years.
- To analyze the Zinc Borate with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and their contribution to the total market.
- To share detailed information about the key factors influencing the growth of the market (growth potential, opportunities, drivers, industry-specific challenges and risks).
- To project the consumption of Zinc Borate submarkets, with respect to key regions (along with their respective key countries).
- To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, agreements, new product launches, and acquisitions in the market.
- To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their growth strategies.