For a long time, the cure for diabetes type 1 and type 2 has relied on agonizing insulin shots for patients or insulin infusion via mechanical pumps. Regarding this, experts have been creating artificial pancreatic beta cells with the he…
In integrated circuit packaging, a solder ball, also a solder bump (often referred to simply as "ball" or "bumps") is a ball of solder that provides the contact between the chip package and the printed circuit board, as well as between stacked packages in multichip modules. The Solder Ball can be placed manually or by automated equipment, and are held in place with a tacky flux.
Solder Ball are very small spheres of high-purity solder for micro soldering system. The most important advantages of Solder Ball are their very clean surfaces and exact solder quantity control. Most suitable for Ball Grid Array, Multi-Chip Module, Chip On board Flip Chip and CSP.
Asia Pacific held the leading share of the market in terms of revenue in 2016. We estimate that the global market share of Solder Ball is 27.66% in Taiwan, 20.54% in Korea, 17.28% in Japan, 15% in China and 10.56% in South East Asia. Because there are many larger IC packaging (including testing) companies in these region, such as ASE, Amkor, SPIL etc. Solder Ball are most suitable for Ball Grid Array, Multi-Chip Module, Chip On board Flip Chip and CSP.
Senju Metal, DS HiMetal and MKE captured the top three revenue share spots in the Solder Ball market in 2016. Senju Metal dominated with 40.00% revenue share, followed by DS HiMetal with 19.14% revenue share and MKE with 7.08% revenue share.
According to this study, over the next five years the Solder Ball market will register a 6.6% CAGR in terms of revenue, the global market size will reach US$ 310 million by 2024, from US$ 210 million in 2019. In particular, this report presents the global market share (sales and revenue) of key companies in Solder Ball business, shared in Chapter 3.
This report presents a comprehensive overview, market shares, and growth opportunities of Solder Ball market by product type, application, key manufacturers and key regions and countries.
This study considers the Solder Ball value and volume generated from the sales of the following segments:
Segmentation by product type: breakdown data from 2014 to 2019, in Section 2.3; and forecast to 2024 in section 11.7.
- Lead Solder Ball
- Lead Free Solder Ball
Segmentation by application: breakdown data from 2014 to 2019, in Section 2.4; and forecast to 2024 in section 11.8.
- CSP & WLCSP
- Flip-Chip & Others
This report also splits the market by region: Breakdown data in Chapter 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8.
- - United States
- - Canada
- - Mexico
- - Brazil
- - China
- - Japan
- - Korea
- - Southeast Asia
- - India
- - Australia
- - Germany
- - France
- - UK
- - Italy
- - Russia
- - Spain
- Middle East & Africa
- - Egypt
- - South Africa
- - Israel
- - Turkey
- - GCC Countries
The report also presents the market competition landscape and a corresponding detailed analysis of the major vendor/manufacturers in the market. The key manufacturers covered in this report: Breakdown data in in Chapter 3.
- Senju Metal
- DS HiMetal
- Nippon Micrometal
- Shanghai hiking solder material
- Shenmao Technology
In addition, this report discusses the key drivers influencing market growth, opportunities, the challenges and the risks faced by key manufacturers and the market as a whole. It also analyzes key emerging trends and their impact on present and future development.
- To study and analyze the global Solder Ball consumption (value & volume) by key regions/countries, product type and application, history data from 2014 to 2018, and forecast to 2024.
- To understand the structure of Solder Ball market by identifying its various subsegments.
- Focuses on the key global Solder Ball manufacturers, to define, describe and analyze the sales volume, value, market share, market competition landscape, SWOT analysis and development plans in next few years.
- To analyze the Solder Ball with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and their contribution to the total market.
- To share detailed information about the key factors influencing the growth of the market (growth potential, opportunities, drivers, industry-specific challenges and risks).
- To project the consumption of Solder Ball submarkets, with respect to key regions (along with their respective key countries).
- To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, agreements, new product launches, and acquisitions in the market.
- To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their growth strategies.