For a long time, the cure for diabetes type 1 and type 2 has relied on agonizing insulin shots for patients or insulin infusion via mechanical pumps. Regarding this, experts have been creating artificial pancreatic beta cells with the he…
In 2017 global smartphone shipment volume is estimated at 1.56 billion units, up 4.2% year-on-year; this is mainly attributed to the rise of the middle class in emerging countries (India, Southeast Asia), which has pushed the replacement demand. Despite the nearly saturated market, the Greater China region continues to be the world's largest smartphone market, accounting for about one-third of the global shipments; the industry's shipment volume peaked at 400 million units in 2014. This report provides global smartphone development overview and the competitiveness analysis of global brands; examines the latest development of the key components like application processor, baseband IC, panel and memory IC; looks into the future development of emerging products and technologies in the areas of the edge-to-edge screen, 3D sensing, and wireless charging.
List of Topics
- Development of the global smartphone market, touching on the megatrends, shipment volume forecast until 2018, and shipment share by market segment
- Development of the Chinese smartphone market and includes the 4G user base of three major telecom operators, as well as the Indian mobile phone SIM card and smartphone penetration rate and shipment volume by branded vendor
- Competitive analysis of leading vendors such as Apple, Samsung, Huawei, Oppo, Vivo, and Xiaomi, touching on their global share and product deployment strategy
- Development of key components such as application processor and baseband IC, display, and memory IC, with detailed assessment to Qualcomm's processor development roadmap, branded baseband IC providers' global share, and some highlighted topics observed in the display and memory IC sectors.
- Development of emerging products and technologies in the areas of the edge-to-edge screen, 3D sensing, and wireless charging with in-depth assessment into these new technologies
Apple, ASUS, Broadcom, Cowell, Energous, Ericsson, Exynos, Finisar, Flextronics, Foxconn, Fujuitsu, Genius, Gionee, Heptagon, Himax, HiSilicon, HTC, Huaqin, Huawei, IIVI, InnoTek, Intel, InterDigital, Intex, InvenTec, Kirin, Kyocera, Largan, Lava, Lenovo, LG, Lumentum, MediaTek, Micromax, Motorola, Murata, Nokia, NTK, Oppo, Pegatron, Philips, Pinecone, Powercast, Powermat, Qualcomm, Reliance Jio, Samsung, Sanechips, Sharp, SMIC, Sony, Splashpower, Spreadtrum, STM, Sunny Optical Technology, TI, Tong Hsing, Truly, TSMC, UMC, Viavi, Vivo, Wingtech, Winsemi, Xiaomi, ZTE