For a long time, the cure for diabetes type 1 and type 2 has relied on agonizing insulin shots for patients or insulin infusion via mechanical pumps. Regarding this, experts have been creating artificial pancreatic beta cells with the he…
Global Savory Snacks market in 2015 was valued at US$94.5 Billion and is expected to post a value growth of CAGR of 7.9% and per capita value CAGR of 7.1% during 2015–2020, with North America, Asia-Pacific, and Western Europe leading as the largest markets in terms of value. Growth in the global Savory Snacks market is expected to come mainly from developing countries in the Asia-Pacific region followed by East Europe, while countries in the Latin American region are expected to register marginal growth.
Savory Snacks consumers in developed countries (such as the US, the UK, and France) lead a busy lifestyle, which has impacted their eating habits, and they look for conveniently packaged products that can be carried for on-the-go consumption. For the majority of consumers in these countries, novelty is crucial and they look for products in exotic and different flavors. The demand for personalized products to suit the aging population and products addressing health needs has risen. Savory Snacks consumers in emerging countries (Brazil, China, and India) with rising disposable incomes, and increasing middle income individuals are experiencing a shift towards high quality products.
The burgeoning middle class is encouraging the launch of novel and indulgent products, while a section of consumers are price-sensitive and look for cheaper brands. Novel products as well as value deals, remain high in demand in these countries.
Global Savory Snacks market is highly fragmented with the top 5 brands holding less than 16% of the combined market share. Lay’s, Doritos, Pringles, Cheetos, and Ruffles are the leading brands with the highest market share in 2015. PepsiCo emerges as the strongest player as it owns the leading brands in all six regions, and owns four of the five leading brands globally. Each of these brands is constantly engaged in innovative practices such as introducing new flavors, to retain and increase their market shares. They uptake extensive promotions on the digital platform through different consumer interaction campaigns, which strengthens brand loyalty.
Hypermarkets & Supermarkets is the leading retail channel for Savory Snacks across all regions, followed by Convenience Stores. Apart from Hypermarkets & Supermarkets and Convenience Stores, Food & Drinks Specialists also emerged as an important retailer for the distribution of Savory Snacks globally.
The report “Global Savory Snacks Report” provides a comprehensive overview of the global Savory Snacks market as part of our global series. It includes an analysis on global Savory Snacks market with consumption analysis highlighted for all regions. The report draws on the market data by analyzing key distribution channels for the global Savory Snacks market. Market data is also used for studying the level of competition in the market by identifying the top brands at a global and regional level with insights on market share of private label products.
In particular, this report provides the following:
• Market data coverage: The overall market value data included in the report is for the period 2010-2020.
• Category coverage: This report provides information on seven categories including Ethnic/Traditional Snacks, Meat Snacks, Nuts & Seeds, Popcorn, Potato Chips, Pretzels and Processed Snacks.
• More extensive brand coverage: The report provides more extensive brand share coverage. Brand share data is also validated by inputs from industry experts.
• Distribution channel: The Distribution data included in the report covers 11 distribution channels including Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Health & Beauty Stores, Department Stores, Cash & Carries & Warehouse Clubs, “Dollar Stores”, Variety Stores & General Merchandise Retailers.
• Time period: The report provides overall market value data, including category level data for the period 2010-2020. Distribution channel data for 2010 – 2015 and brand share data is included for the year 2015.
Companies mentioned in this report: PepsiCo Inc., Frito-Lay, Kellogg Company, H.W. Lay & Co, Want Want Holdings Limited, Calbee, Bourbon Corporation, AVI Limited, Kraft Foods, Chio Chips, Estrella, General Mills, Haldiram`s, Amanoya Kabuki, Kameda, Greendot Health Foods Ltd, Tyrrells, All Good Snacks company.