For a long time, the cure for diabetes type 1 and type 2 has relied on agonizing insulin shots for patients or insulin infusion via mechanical pumps. Regarding this, experts have been creating artificial pancreatic beta cells with the he…
Methyl mercaptan is colourless gas, with a strong characteristic odour and a very low odour threshold. It is a naturally occurring chemical resulting from decomposition of organic matter. It is widely used in pesticides industry, food and feed additives, medicament industry, etc.
In this report, we count the 99.0% content of the methyl mercaptan.
Methyl mercaptan is a colorless, flammable gas with the odor of rotten cabbage. It is an excellent thiomethylation agent used in synthesis of various organic compounds such as methionine (amino acid used in animal feed additives), pesticide industry, medicament industry, etc. Food and feed additives is the largest downstream products of methyl mercaptan, taking 63.96% of the world methyl mercaptan in 2016.
The production of methyl mercaptan distributed evenly in North America, Europe, China and Asia(EX China) and other regions. North America region is the largest production region of methyl mercaptan in the world in the past five years and it will keep the same position in the next few years. The USA market will take up about 52.60% in the global production in 2016. The top three manufacturers (DuPont, Arkema and Chevron Phillips) have methyl mercaptan plant in USA. In China, due to the production technical, the quality of product has the big difference from foreign.
The sale of methyl mercaptan will reach about 284857 Tons in 2016 from 270111Tons in 2011 at an average growth rate of more than 1.00%. USA is the largest sale region, which will share 40.54% in 2016, followed by Europe region, Asia (Ex China) and china regions, the market shares are 31.34%, 12.38% and 6.77% , respectively in 2016.
The production of methyl mercaptan will reach about 284857 Tons in 2016 from 270111 Tons in 2011 at an average growth rate of more than 1.00%.By 2021,the production of methyl mercaptan will reach about 361486 Tons at an average growth rate of more than4.70%.
The methyl mercaptan industry is highly competitive due to low entry barriers as the industry is less capital intensive and there is no major technology involved.
According to this study, over the next five years the Methyl Mercaptan market will register a 1.3% CAGR in terms of revenue, the global market size will reach US$ 500 million by 2024, from US$ 460 million in 2019. In particular, this report presents the global market share (sales and revenue) of key companies in Methyl Mercaptan business, shared in Chapter 3.
This report presents a comprehensive overview, market shares, and growth opportunities of Methyl Mercaptan market by product type, application, key manufacturers and key regions and countries.
This study considers the Methyl Mercaptan value and volume generated from the sales of the following segments:
Segmentation by product type: breakdown data from 2014 to 2019, in Section 2.3; and forecast to 2024 in section 11.7.
- Methyl Mercaptan Segment classification
- Hydrogen Sulfide-Methanol Vapor Phase Synthesis
- Sodium Sulfide-Dimethyl Sulfate Synthesis
- Thiourea-Dimethyl Sulfate Synthesis
Segmentation by application: breakdown data from 2014 to 2019, in Section 2.4; and forecast to 2024 in section 11.8.
- Animal nutrition
This report also splits the market by region: Breakdown data in Chapter 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8.
- - United States
- - Canada
- - Mexico
- - Brazil
- - China
- - Japan
- - Korea
- - Southeast Asia
- - India
- - Australia
- - Germany
- - France
- - UK
- - Italy
- - Russia
- - Spain
- Middle East & Africa
- - Egypt
- - South Africa
- - Israel
- - Turkey
- - GCC Countries
The report also presents the market competition landscape and a corresponding detailed analysis of the major vendor/manufacturers in the market. The key manufacturers covered in this report: Breakdown data in in Chapter 3.
- Chevron Phillips
In addition, this report discusses the key drivers influencing market growth, opportunities, the challenges and the risks faced by key manufacturers and the market as a whole. It also analyzes key emerging trends and their impact on present and future development.
- To study and analyze the global Methyl Mercaptan consumption (value & volume) by key regions/countries, product type and application, history data from 2014 to 2018, and forecast to 2024.
- To understand the structure of Methyl Mercaptan market by identifying its various subsegments.
- Focuses on the key global Methyl Mercaptan manufacturers, to define, describe and analyze the sales volume, value, market share, market competition landscape, SWOT analysis and development plans in next few years.
- To analyze the Methyl Mercaptan with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and their contribution to the total market.
- To share detailed information about the key factors influencing the growth of the market (growth potential, opportunities, drivers, industry-specific challenges and risks).
- To project the consumption of Methyl Mercaptan submarkets, with respect to key regions (along with their respective key countries).
- To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, agreements, new product launches, and acquisitions in the market.
- To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their growth strategies.