For a long time, the cure for diabetes type 1 and type 2 has relied on agonizing insulin shots for patients or insulin infusion via mechanical pumps. Regarding this, experts have been creating artificial pancreatic beta cells with the he…
Incretins are gut derived hormones, released after the ingestion of food. Incretins are classified into glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) and gastric inhibitory peptide (GIP). Both the molecules are inactivated by enzyme Dipeptidyl Peptidase-4 (DPP-4).
Oral traditional anti-diabetic drugs, often fail to maintain the desired normal level of glucose, especially in the postprandial condition.
This has resulted in a strong need for better therapeutics such as incretin based drugs.
Incretin not only increases the secretion of insulin by acting on pancreatic beta cells, but also inhibits the release of glucagon by acting on the pancreatic alpha cells.
Over the next five years, LPI(LP Information) projects that Incretin-Based Drugs will register a xx% CAGR in terms of revenue, reach US$ xx million by 2023, from US$ xx million in 2017.
In this report, LP Information covers the present scenario (with the base year being 2017) and the growth prospects of global Incretin-Based Drugs market for 2018-2023.
This report presents a comprehensive overview, market shares, and growth opportunities of Incretin-Based Drugs market by product type, application, key manufacturers and key regions.
To calculate the market size, LP Information considers value and volume generated from the sales of the following segments:
Segmentation by product type:
- Glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor (GLP-1) agonists
- Dipeptidyl Peptidase-4 (DPP-4) inhibitors
Segmentation by application:
- Oral Drugs
- Injectable Drugs
This report also splits the market by region:
- - United States
- - Canada
- - Mexico
- - Brazil
- - China
- - Japan
- - Korea
- - Southeast Asia
- - India
- - Australia
- - Germany
- - France
- - UK
- - Italy
- - Russia
- - Spain
- Middle East & Africa
- - Egypt
- - South Africa
- - Israel
- - Turkey
- - GCC Countries
The report also presents the market competition landscape and a corresponding detailed analysis of the major vendor/manufacturers in the market. The key manufacturers covered in this report:
- Johnson & Johnson
- Merck & Co
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Boehringer Ingelheim
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company
In addition, this report discusses the key drivers influencing market growth, opportunities, the challenges and the risks faced by key manufacturers and the market as a whole. It also analyzes key emerging trends and their impact on present and future development.
- To study and analyze the global Incretin-Based Drugs consumption (value & volume) by key regions/countries, product type and application, history data from 2013 to 2017, and forecast to 2023.
- To understand the structure of Incretin-Based Drugs market by identifying its various subsegments.
- Focuses on the key global Incretin-Based Drugs manufacturers, to define, describe and analyze the sales volume, value, market share, market competition landscape, SWOT analysis and development plans in next few years.
- To analyze the Incretin-Based Drugs with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and their contribution to the total market.
- To share detailed information about the key factors influencing the growth of the market (growth potential, opportunities, drivers, industry-specific challenges and risks).
- To project the consumption of Incretin-Based Drugs submarkets, with respect to key regions (along with their respective key countries).
- To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, agreements, new product launches, and acquisitions in the market.
- To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their growth strategies.