For a long time, the cure for diabetes type 1 and type 2 has relied on agonizing insulin shots for patients or insulin infusion via mechanical pumps. Regarding this, experts have been creating artificial pancreatic beta cells with the he…
Glyoxylic acid or oxoacetic acid is an organic compound that is both an aldehyde and a carboxylic acid. Glyoxylic acid is a liquid and is an intermediate of the glyoxylate cycle, which enables certain organisms to convert fatty acids into carbohydrates.
Glyoxylic acid, a colorless to yellowish liquid, has wide applications, such as: as key intermediate in the pharma or agro industries, flavors and fragrances, dyestuff and fine chemicals, cosmetics as in hair straightening formulations. It can be manufactured industrially by nitric acid oxidation of glyoxal, and was also manufactured by oxidative cleaveage of maleic acid methyl ester by ozone, or manufactured through electroreduction of oxalic acid. For the most manufacturers of glyoxylic acid, nitric acid oxidation of glyoxal is the preferred manufacturing method.
Europe and China are major production bases of glyoxylic acid for the time being. Moreover, China is the largest producer of glyoxylic acid, accounting for 88.57% market share in 2015.
Aromas is the largest consumer of glyoxylic acid. Glyoxylic acid, acts as an intermediate, is usually used to produce vanillin, atenolol, DL-p-hydroxyphenylglycine, DL-p-hydroxyphenylhydantoin. Also, glyoxylic acid is the raw material source of allantoin. Taking vanillin as example, vanillin is mainly used as a flavouring agent, primarily in foods and beverages such as chocolate and dairy products, but also to mask unpleasant tastes in medicines or livestock fodder. It is also an intermediate in the manufacture of certain pharmaceuticals and agrochemicals.
The top three suppliers of glyoxylic acid, Hubei Hongyuan, Zhonglan Industry, Zhonghua Chemical, all locate in China, contributing about 49.64% sales market share in 2015. Global total consumption of glyoxylic acid was 122305 MT in 2015, increasing slightly from 118789 MT in 2011. According to insiders of glyoxylic acid, the market is not promising for the time being, considering the downstream demand.
According to this study, over the next five years the Glyoxylic Acid market will register a xx% CAGR in terms of revenue, the global market size will reach US$ xx million by 2024, from US$ xx million in 2019. In particular, this report presents the global market share (sales and revenue) of key companies in Glyoxylic Acid business, shared in Chapter 3.
This report presents a comprehensive overview, market shares, and growth opportunities of Glyoxylic Acid market by product type, application, key manufacturers and key regions and countries.
This study considers the Glyoxylic Acid value and volume generated from the sales of the following segments:
Segmentation by product type: breakdown data from 2014 to 2019, in Section 2.3; and forecast to 2024 in section 11.7.
- Glyoxylic Acid 50%
- Glyoxylic Acid 40%
Segmentation by application: breakdown data from 2014 to 2019, in Section 2.4; and forecast to 2024 in section 11.8.
- Pharmaceutical Industry
This report also splits the market by region: Breakdown data in Chapter 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8.
- - United States
- - Canada
- - Mexico
- - Brazil
- - China
- - Japan
- - Korea
- - Southeast Asia
- - India
- - Australia
- - Germany
- - France
- - UK
- - Italy
- - Russia
- - Spain
- Middle East & Africa
- - Egypt
- - South Africa
- - Israel
- - Turkey
- - GCC Countries
The report also presents the market competition landscape and a corresponding detailed analysis of the major vendor/manufacturers in the market. The key manufacturers covered in this report: Breakdown data in in Chapter 3.
- Hubei Hongyuan
- Zhonglan Industry
- Zhonghua Chemical
- Yuandong Chem
- Hubei Shunhui Bio-Technology
- Guangdong Hongyuan New Material
- Yongfei Chem
- Shijiazhuang Haosheng Chemical
In addition, this report discusses the key drivers influencing market growth, opportunities, the challenges and the risks faced by key manufacturers and the market as a whole. It also analyzes key emerging trends and their impact on present and future development.
- To study and analyze the global Glyoxylic Acid consumption (value & volume) by key regions/countries, product type and application, history data from 2014 to 2018, and forecast to 2024.
- To understand the structure of Glyoxylic Acid market by identifying its various subsegments.
- Focuses on the key global Glyoxylic Acid manufacturers, to define, describe and analyze the sales volume, value, market share, market competition landscape, SWOT analysis and development plans in next few years.
- To analyze the Glyoxylic Acid with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and their contribution to the total market.
- To share detailed information about the key factors influencing the growth of the market (growth potential, opportunities, drivers, industry-specific challenges and risks).
- To project the consumption of Glyoxylic Acid submarkets, with respect to key regions (along with their respective key countries).
- To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, agreements, new product launches, and acquisitions in the market.
- To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their growth strategies.