For a long time, the cure for diabetes type 1 and type 2 has relied on agonizing insulin shots for patients or insulin infusion via mechanical pumps. Regarding this, experts have been creating artificial pancreatic beta cells with the he…
Frac sand (or fracking sand) refers to sand and similar small materials that are used during the process of hydraulic fracturing, a method for extracting underground Natural Gas Exploration from shale gas formations. Fracking sand is a "proppant." A proppant is a material used to "prop" open the underground cracks from which Natural Gas Exploration is harvested during the fracturing process. These gases include petroleum fluids such as oil, Natural Gas Exploration, and Natural Gas Exploration liquids from rock units (that don't have enough pore space allowing fluids to flow to a well).
U.S Silica, Fairmount Santrol and Hi-Crush Partners LP are the market leader and they occupied about 45.31% of the whole market. The Frac Sand market is consolidated in nature. Various players are adopting competitive strategies such as collaborations, acquisitions and capitalizing untapped opportunities in the United States, to sustain and gain market penetration. Some key players of this market include Preferred Sands, Badger Mining Corporation, Unimin Corporation, Chieftain Sand, Emerge Energy Services LP, Carbo Ceramics, Hi-Crush Partners LP, Smart Sand Inc.
The demand for frac sand has risen dramatically in recent years as an increasing number of oil and natural gas wells use the hydraulic fracturing process. A single well using hydraulic fracturing can use a few thousand tons of frac sand. The surge of specialized drilling has created a billion dollar frac sand industry in just a few years.
The local enterprises occupied mostly of the market share. And due to the increase in downstream demand, the price of frac sand may keep fluctuating along with oil and gas prices growth trend.
Although sales of Frac Sand brought a lot of opportunities, the study group recommends the new entrants just having money but without technical advantage and downstream support do not to enter into the field. Many new entrants to the raw frac sand market compete on an FOB plant basis and lack comparable transportation infrastructure to meet customer demands in-basin.
According to this study, over the next five years the Frac Sand market will register a 14.7% CAGR in terms of revenue, the global market size will reach US$ 6730 million by 2024, from US$ 2960 million in 2019. In particular, this report presents the global market share (sales and revenue) of key companies in Frac Sand business, shared in Chapter 3.
This report presents a comprehensive overview, market shares, and growth opportunities of Frac Sand market by product type, application, key manufacturers and key regions and countries.
This study considers the Frac Sand value and volume generated from the sales of the following segments:
Segmentation by product type: breakdown data from 2014 to 2019, in Section 2.3; and forecast to 2024 in section 11.7.
- Northern White Sand
- Brown (Brady) Sand
Segmentation by application: breakdown data from 2014 to 2019, in Section 2.4; and forecast to 2024 in section 11.8.
- Oil Exploitation
- Natural Gas Exploration
This report also splits the market by region: Breakdown data in Chapter 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8.
- - United States
- - Canada
- - Mexico
- - Brazil
- - China
- - Japan
- - Korea
- - Southeast Asia
- - India
- - Australia
- - Germany
- - France
- - UK
- - Italy
- - Russia
- - Spain
- Middle East & Africa
- - Egypt
- - South Africa
- - Israel
- - Turkey
- - GCC Countries
The report also presents the market competition landscape and a corresponding detailed analysis of the major vendor/manufacturers in the market. The key manufacturers covered in this report: Breakdown data in in Chapter 3.
- U.S Silica
- Fairmount Santrol
- Preferred Sands
- Badger Mining Corporation
- Unimin Corporation
- Chieftain Sand
- Emerge Energy Services LP
- Carbo Ceramics
- Hi-Crush Partners LP
- Smart Sand Inc.
- Chongqing Changjiang
In addition, this report discusses the key drivers influencing market growth, opportunities, the challenges and the risks faced by key manufacturers and the market as a whole. It also analyzes key emerging trends and their impact on present and future development.
- To study and analyze the global Frac Sand consumption (value & volume) by key regions/countries, product type and application, history data from 2014 to 2018, and forecast to 2024.
- To understand the structure of Frac Sand market by identifying its various subsegments.
- Focuses on the key global Frac Sand manufacturers, to define, describe and analyze the sales volume, value, market share, market competition landscape, SWOT analysis and development plans in next few years.
- To analyze the Frac Sand with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and their contribution to the total market.
- To share detailed information about the key factors influencing the growth of the market (growth potential, opportunities, drivers, industry-specific challenges and risks).
- To project the consumption of Frac Sand submarkets, with respect to key regions (along with their respective key countries).
- To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, agreements, new product launches, and acquisitions in the market.
- To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their growth strategies.