For a long time, the cure for diabetes type 1 and type 2 has relied on agonizing insulin shots for patients or insulin infusion via mechanical pumps. Regarding this, experts have been creating artificial pancreatic beta cells with the he…
Image sensor is a sensor that detects and conveys the information that constitutes an image. The image sensor is usually divided by two kinds: CCD and CMOS.
Strong moves in the CIS markets have greatly modified the competitive landscape. Sony is now a market revenue and technology leader. OmniVision and Samsung have remained strong. Meanwhile, the Integrated Device Manufacturer (IDM) model has been a great strength for Canon and Nikon, which have weathered the slow-down in digital still-cameras.
In the next five years, the global consumption of CMOS Image Sensor will show upward tendency further, consumption is expected in 2020 will be 5535 (million units). The average operating rate will remain at 80% to 90%.
Smartphone applications still take the lion's share of the CMOS Image Sensor (CIS) market. While automotive is the big story in 2014, as car manufacturers like Tesla, Nissan and Ford are showing off their first camera-enabled features.
Despite the presence of competition problems, due to the clear global recovery trend, investors are still optimistic about this area, in future still more new investment will enter into the field. Technology and cost are two major problems.
Although sales of CMOS Image Sensor brought a lot of opportunities, for the new entrants with only advantage in capital without sufficient support in technology and downstream channels, the research group did not recommend taking risk the enter this market.
According to this study, over the next five years the CMOS Image Sensor market will register a 7.3% CAGR in terms of revenue, the global market size will reach US$ 6830 million by 2024, from US$ 4800 million in 2019. In particular, this report presents the global market share (sales and revenue) of key companies in CMOS Image Sensor business, shared in Chapter 3.
This report presents a comprehensive overview, market shares, and growth opportunities of CMOS Image Sensor market by product type, application, key manufacturers and key regions and countries.
This study considers the CMOS Image Sensor value and volume generated from the sales of the following segments:
Segmentation by product type: breakdown data from 2014 to 2019, in Section 2.3; and forecast to 2024 in section 11.7.
- Front-illuminated (FI) CMOS
- Backside-illuminated (BSI) CMOS sensor
Segmentation by application: breakdown data from 2014 to 2019, in Section 2.4; and forecast to 2024 in section 11.8.
This report also splits the market by region: Breakdown data in Chapter 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8.
- - United States
- - Canada
- - Mexico
- - Brazil
- - China
- - Japan
- - Korea
- - Southeast Asia
- - India
- - Australia
- - Germany
- - France
- - UK
- - Italy
- - Russia
- - Spain
- Middle East & Africa
- - Egypt
- - South Africa
- - Israel
- - Turkey
- - GCC Countries
The report also presents the market competition landscape and a corresponding detailed analysis of the major vendor/manufacturers in the market. The key manufacturers covered in this report: Breakdown data in in Chapter 3.
- On Semi (Aptina)
In addition, this report discusses the key drivers influencing market growth, opportunities, the challenges and the risks faced by key manufacturers and the market as a whole. It also analyzes key emerging trends and their impact on present and future development.
- To study and analyze the global CMOS Image Sensor consumption (value & volume) by key regions/countries, product type and application, history data from 2014 to 2018, and forecast to 2024.
- To understand the structure of CMOS Image Sensor market by identifying its various subsegments.
- Focuses on the key global CMOS Image Sensor manufacturers, to define, describe and analyze the sales volume, value, market share, market competition landscape, SWOT analysis and development plans in next few years.
- To analyze the CMOS Image Sensor with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and their contribution to the total market.
- To share detailed information about the key factors influencing the growth of the market (growth potential, opportunities, drivers, industry-specific challenges and risks).
- To project the consumption of CMOS Image Sensor submarkets, with respect to key regions (along with their respective key countries).
- To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, agreements, new product launches, and acquisitions in the market.
- To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their growth strategies.