For a long time, the cure for diabetes type 1 and type 2 has relied on agonizing insulin shots for patients or insulin infusion via mechanical pumps. Regarding this, experts have been creating artificial pancreatic beta cells with the he…
Exploring The Car Rental Market: Key market trends and issues in the car rental industry
The global car rental industry is growing and evolving - companies are harnessing technology to grow their share of a burgeoning traveler market and to counter the threat of ride sharing apps. This report looks at the car rental industry in detail, exploring current and future trends in in it, as well as assessing the opportunities and threats for industry players.
GlobalData forecasts that in the years to come, the number of car rental days will increase ,with a CAGR of 4.9% predicted between 2018 and 2022, resulting in 359 million additional days.
The number of offline sales for car rentals have traditionally dominated the market. For example, the number of offline sales surpassed online by 6.6 billion in 2009.
Apps now give customers the ability to reserve, upgrade, pay and select their vehicles. Apps give customers a more personalized experience by giving them the ability to see what car they will receive and also exchange the vehicle if they are not satisfied with the selection. Extras such as GPS, bike racks and car seats can also be added via apps.
The US has an enormous amount of car rental days and forecasts expect this trend to continue. According to GlobalData, the number of rental days in the US saw a CAGR of 2.4% between 2014 and 2018, an increase of 74 million rental days.
- GlobalData's Key Trend report " Exploring The Car Rental Market: Key market trends and issues in the car rental industry", looks at the key trends & issues within the car rental industry, as well as the opportunities and threats. It also offers an insight into key company strategies, renter groups, and into looks at which regional markets are the most significant.
Reasons to buy
- Gain an insight into the car rental industry's leading players.
- Understand the key traveler types car rental companies can look to attract
- Look at the key regional markets and understand their dynamics
- Gain a detailed understanding of the key trends, issues and challenges facing car rental companies