For a long time, the cure for diabetes type 1 and type 2 has relied on agonizing insulin shots for patients or insulin infusion via mechanical pumps. Regarding this, experts have been creating artificial pancreatic beta cells with the he…
Government of India projected in 2012 that the Indian ESDM (Electronics System Design and Manufacturing) market, consisting of electronics products, electronics components, semiconductor design, electronics manufacturing services, semiconductor fabrication, and equipment manufacturing, would reach USD 400 billion by 2020. This report provides an overview introduction into the development of smartphone industry in India; examines the government policies proposed for the smartphone development and promotion with an aim to identify business opportunities for companies intending to invest in India
List of Topics
- Introduction to the mobile and telecom industry in India, touching on the government's initiatives, industrial developments, and subscriber base forecast by technology for the period 2017-2019
- Development of the mobile phone market, touching on smartphone subscriber base forecast for the period 2017-2021, feature phone/smartphone market share analysis, the number of smartphone models launched by top-10 brands in India such as Samsung, Apple, Micromax, Intex, etc. with breakdown by product category: low-end, medium-end, and premium
- Stakeholders in the Indian mobile phone industry, their functions, and the representative companies, including mobile phone suppliers such as international brands, Indian homegrown brands, multi-national corporate brands, and unbranded ones; component and service providers such as ODM, EMS, components/parts manufacturers, and mobile repair companies.
- The market share of top-10 smartphone brands in India for the period 2Q 2015 – 4Q 2016 such as Samsung, Xiaomi, Lenovo-Motorola, Micromax, etc.
- Three manufacturing models of smartphones in India, including CKD (Complete Knocked Down), SKD (Semi-knocked Down), and EMS (Electronics Manufacturing Service).
- The development of several brands in India such as Samsung, Micromax, Intex, Laza, Lenovo-Motorola, Karbonn, Gionee, Xiaomi, and Oppo, and includes information such as what manufacturing model and components purchase model they adopt, whether they own or outsource their assembly line, and where their infrastructure facility situates
- Components sourcing practices of top 10 smartphone suppliers in India for components such as display, antennas, acoustics, camera module, connectors, touchscreen, battery, charger, other accessories, and plastic & metal.
- Development of mobile EMS companies in India such as Foxconn, Flextronics, Dixon, Global Device Networks, and Optiemus Electronics Ltd.
- Introduction to the government's five-step, three-phase manufacturing program, import duties imposed for feature/smartphone, main components, and other mobile components
- Opportunity analysis of different kinds of electronics components in India, including processor, display, antennas, acoustics, memory, camera module, connectors, battery, passive component, PCB, and charger.