For a long time, the cure for diabetes type 1 and type 2 has relied on agonizing insulin shots for patients or insulin infusion via mechanical pumps. Regarding this, experts have been creating artificial pancreatic beta cells with the he…
CIR believes that we are now on the verge of rapid growth in the PON market brought on by new applications and by growing international demand. Meanwhile, this new “PON revolution” is being enabled by powerful new PON technologies especially XGS-PON and NG-PON. This report identifies the emerging opportunities for the passive optical network (PON) business over the coming decade.
- An in-depth look at XGS-PON and NG-PON and how their technical and performance advantages will create value for both equipment suppliers and major carriers. The report will also identify how new directions for PON technology will create new opportunities for optical component suppliers
- A discussion of the emerging applications that will provide new business revenues beyond fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) deployments. These include business loops, 5G backhaul and even in-building networks. The report also explores the potential for rebranding PONs as a ubiquitous broadband platform
- Analysis of the PON deployment strategies of leading carriers worldwide and implications of long-term supply chains that they are establishing with major suppliers. The report explores whether the future of the PON equipment business will become concentrated in the hands of a few major suppliers or whether there is still room for start-ups
- An assessment of how the latest PON technologies and installations are being designed to fit in with other “big picture” developments in the telecommunications industry. These include the powerful and growing impact of clouds, SDN, and open source equipment – the role of PON software is also discussed
- An examination of the current installed base of PONs using mature technologies such as EPON and GPON. Are there still opportunities to be had in this mature space and what strategies will PON equipment and components suppliers, as well as the carriers themselves, adopt to move to the next-generation PON era
- Ten-year (volume and value) forecasts of PON equipment, fiber utilized and major components (such as splitters), with breakouts by country/region, type of technology, etc. Ten-year forecasts for each of the 15 leading countries in terms of PON deployment are also include in this report. In addition, the report also includes markets shares by carrier and supplier for the emerging PON types.
This report will make invaluable reading for any product, marketing or business development manager actively involved in the PON space, whether they are from carriers, equipment vendors or component firms. In addition, CIR believes this report will provide considerable guidance to the telecom investment community, which is currently focused on many of the technologies and markets with which this report is concerned.