Consumer durables is a cataloguing of consumer goods that are not essential to be bought very often as they are fashioned in a way so as to last for an extended period of time. Profits in the consumer durables sector were most profoundly…
The card reigns supreme in Norway, with only 6% of the population using cash on a daily basis and most possessing a minimum of two payment cards. And although the market is one of the most mature in the world, further growth is expected for both pay-now and pay-later cards.
- Nearly half of all credit card balances are revolved each month. Income from balance-related interest and fees make the market profitable, as does the low churn rate.
- Online shopping is well established in Norway, and the NOK112bn spent in 2015 is set to double over the next five years.
- The rollout of contactless and NFC-enabled payment terminals has been slow in Norway, but consumers are interested in the technology - they just don't know where it can be used.
Verdict Financial's "Consumer Payments Country Snapshot: Norway 2016" report examines the consumer payments market in Norway, considering payment cards, online payments, P2P payments, and newer payment technologies such as mobile wallets and contactless. This report also examines the regulations in force in the market that players must comply with, and how these have changed in recent years.
- Analyzes consumer attitudes to financial services by life stage.
- Analyzes the major payment card types in terms of both card holding and usage
- Identifies the major competitors in card issuing and how their position in the market has changed over the last five years
- Considers consumer attitudes towards prepaid cards, P2P tools, mobile payment tools, and contactless cards, and how companies in Norway are deploying these tools to meet customer needs
- Explores the online payment market in Norway by merchant type and payment tool, as well as providing a five-year forecast for the development of the market.
- Considers the regulations affecting the payments market and how they are likely to affect both incumbents and disruptors.
Reasons To Buy
- Understand the key facts and figures in the consumer payments market in Norway.
- Learn what trends drive consumer behavior at the macro level and plan your strategy accordingly.
- Find out what products the major competitors are launching in the market.
- Discover consumer sentiment towards various payment tools in the Norwegian market and use this knowledge to inform product design.
- Learn about the key regulatory requirements affecting Norwegian payments players and any recent or upcoming changes to those requirements.
- Sparebank 1 Gruppen
- American Express
- Diners Club
- SEB Kort
- Eika Gruppen
- Danske Bank